Joji Alex - Associate Professor
Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
A post-graduate in Business (MBA) and Economics (MA), he teaches in the domain of marketing. He has presented papers in Marketing, Education and Strategy in national and international conferences. He is awarded his doctorate in management studies, in the domain of Marketing. He has more than a dozen publications to his credit in National/International Journals of repute. His present research interest includes brand management, and different aspects of consumer behaviour. He is intensely associated with the training and consultancy wing of the institute and has undertaken various trainings, consultancy and research projects. He has been a Visiting International Scholar at the Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, USA.
- HOD, Department of Business Administration, In charge of the academic programme-Planning, execution and evaluation.
- Chairman, Board of Studies, Department of Business Administration and Department of Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous)
- Member of the Academic Council, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous)
- Member of the Governing Council, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous)
- Member of Internal Quality Assessment Council (IQAC), Rajagiri college of Social Sciences (Autonomous)
- Chairman, Board of Examiners, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous)
- Chairman, Board of Examiners, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam (Affiliating State University) (2006-2017)
- Editorial committee member, Rajagiri Management Journal
- Research Guide at Bharathiar University (2013-18)
Research Guide in Management Studies at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam from 14-2-2019- Research centre, Department of Personnel Management, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery
Publications Post award of PhD (2011 to 2018)
- Alex, Joji (2018), Influence of Ambient Perfumes on Consumer Spending Behaviour: A Study among Apparel Shoppers in an Indian Setting, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol 48.1, pp 61-74.
- Alex, Joji (2017), Influence of attitude on consumption of cosmetics by women consumers, International Research Journal of Management and Commerce, Vol 4.11, pp 370-383 (ISSN-2348-9766).
- Alex, Joji (2017), Influence of lifestyle on consumption of cosmetics by women consumers, EPRA international journal of Economic and Business Review, Vol 5.11, pp 40-45 (ISSN-2349-0187)
- Alex, Joji (2016), Brand-extension price premium: An enquiry of the role of perceived Fit among users of a consumer durable in India, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol 44.8, August 2016
- Alex, Joji (2016), Attitude and purchase intention towards counterfeit products: An enquiry among consumers in India, Vilakshan vol.12.2, September 2015
- Alex, Joji (2015), The Role of Consumer Knowledge Dimensions on Country of Origin Effects: An Enquiry of Fast-consuming Product in India, Vol 19.1, pp 1-12, Vision: Journal of Business Perspective, Sage.
- Alex, Joji (2014), Brand credibility and purchase intention among users of shopping and convenience goods: The moderating role of brand involvement, Indian journal of marketing, Vol.44.4, April 2014
- Alex, Joji (2014), The Effects of Workplace Dimensions on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment, Journal of Organization and Human Behaviour (ISSN 2277-3274), Vol 3, Issue 2 & 3, Apr-July 2014
- Alex, Joji (2013), Impact of Workplace Spirituality on Corporate Financial Performance, Prabandhan: Indian Journal of management, 6(9), 5-15, Vol 6.9 September 2013.
- Alex, N. Joji; Joseph, Ashwin(2012)Hedonic Versus Utilitarian Values: The Relative Importance of Real and Ideal Self to Brand Personality and Its Influence on Emotional Brand, Vilakshan: The XIMB Journal of Management;Sep2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p77
- Alex, Joji (2012),An Enquiry into Selected Marketing Mix Elements and Their Impact on Brand Equity, The IUP Journal of Brand management, June 2012, ISSN 0972-9097
- Alex, Joji (2011)Big Spending, Compulsive Buying and Externality: An understanding into the buying behaviour and credit card usage pattern in India, ISBN-13: 978-3845472447, Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (September 19, 2011) (BOOK)
Publications before award of PhD (2008 to 2011)
- Alex, Joji (2011), Leadership style of school head masters and its influence on the organisational commitment of subordinate teachers: a study among school teachers in kerala, GBAMS-Vidushi, July-dec, 2011, Vol 3.2, pp-29-36, ISSN-0974-6374.
- Alex, Joji (2008), Does compulsive buying affect credit card defaults? Vision-The Journal of business perspective, MDI, Gurugaon,Vol 12.4, Oct-dec 2008,pp 23-32,ISSN-0972-2629.
- Alex, Joji (2009), Are shoppers compulsive buyers? Erudition-The Albertian journal of management, Vol 3.2 July 2009, pp 60-66, ISSN-0973-7839.
- Alex, Joji (2010), Enhancing student learning in b-schools-An enquiry? The ICFAI Journal of Higher Education, Vol 5.1.2Feb-mar 2010, pp 33-40, ISSN-0973-3744.
- Alex, Joji (2011), Does mobile advertising create a bang? Asia pacific journal of marketing and retail management, Vol 2.3 Oct 2011, pp589-597, ISSN-0976-7193.
- Alex, Joji (2011), Does credit card usuage enhance defaults among compulsive buyers? Indian journal of marketing, Vol 41.6 June 2011,pp-3-12,ISSN-0973-8703.
- Alex, Joji (2011), Turnover intentions: perspectives of IT professionals in kerala, The IUP Journal of organisational behaviour, Vol 10.1 January 2011,pp-18-41.ISSN-0972-687X.
- Alex, Joji (2011), Consumer evaluations of product line brand extension, The IUP Journal of brand management, Vol 8.1 mar 2011, pp 22-35.ISSN-0972-9097
Training / Consultancy/Extension activities/Seminar /Workshop undertaken (offered)
- Dhathri Ayurveda Pvt. Ltd (2013) – Consultancy- Streamline the Distribution Channel
- Bless Homes ( P) Ltd (2012)- Consultancy-Market Potential for Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing
- Coir Board (June 2011), Topic of training-Selling successfully at Coir Board, Programme- Salesmanship-beyond customer delight for the sales team of Coir Board.
- Coconut Development Board (2012), Topic of training-Knowing necessary financials and impact of ASEAN on coconut farming, Programme-Training programme for coconut producer’s society leaders jointly organised with Coconut development board, Ernakulam.
- Dhanam Business Magazine (2011), Topic of consultancy- Top 20 manufacturing brands in kerala, Programme-Dhanam business magazine, Ernakulam, Vol 23, No 10.
- Dhanam Business Magazine (2011), Topic of consultancy- Top 05 retail brands in kerala, Programme-Dhanam business magazine (Onam issue), Ernakulam, Vol 22, No 16 and 17.
- Flexitron (2014), Conducted market feasibility study to enter Kerala Market for the white good company from Middle East.
- Resource person for the UGC Sponsored Three Day National Workshop on Research Methodology for Commerce, Management and Economics, St.Thomas College Pala, Sep 16-18, 2015
- Consultant for the start-up, Sastra Robotics, Ernakulam, October 2015
- Trainer for the Central Police Canteen on Personal effectiveness, Visual Merchandising / Salesmanship and CRM using MIS, January 5, 2016 and July 22, 2018
- Consultant for the Central Prison Chapatti making Unit, Trivandrum: Improving the effectives and scope of scalability, December 2015
- Market Potential Analysis for Ayurveda Treatment in Kadavanthara, Ernakulam- IndoCosmo Systems Pvt. Ltd, December 2016
Training / Consultancy/Extension activities/Seminar/Workshop attended
- Faculty Development Programme (2005-06) - IIMA Ahmedabad
- Volunteer for Tree census 2010, Corporation of Cochin.
- Organised - Intersections: Strategy across traditional boundaries, International seminar RCBS, Jan 10, 2011.
- Organised – National Conference on insights in marketing, February 2017, Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies
- UGC refresher course for aided college teachers at Department of management Studies, Mysore University, April 15-May 06, 1998.
- UGC refresher course for aided college teachers at Department of management Studies, MG university, August 5-27, 2003.
- UGC orientation programme for aided college teachers at Academic staff college, Thiruvanthapuram, University of Kerala, May 3- 30, 2008.
- UGC refresher course for aided college teachers at Academic staff college, Jamia Millai Islamia, New Delhi, May 6- 27, 2009.
- Faculty Development programme on teaching with Board games, March 28, 2018, Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies
- Faculty Development programme on teaching with Simulations workshop, February 27 and 28, 2018, Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies
- Chaired session at National conference on Insights in Marketing -2016/2017/2018, Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies
- Attended one day work shop on Academic writing, February 2018, Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies
- Stock Price Reaction to Mergers and Acquisitions Announcement (2018), International conference hosted by Rajagiri Business School, Kakkanad, Kochi in association with Academy of Practical Business Administration, Korea and East and Central Asia Economic and Business Association
- Qualitative research techniques – One day Workshop, Conducted at Rajagiri college of social sciences, February 1, 2019
- Marketing in the 21st century : Contributing towards a better world- Session Chair, Conference at Rajagiri Business School, Kochi 2019
- Consumer attitude towards eco-friendly FMCG products, National conference on Insights in marketing: Marketing in the 21st century : Contributing towards a better world- Conference at Rajagiri Business School, Kochi 2019 (paper presentation)