Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Garima Sisodia has earned her PhD from IFHE University, Hyderabad in the area of finance. Before joining Rajagiri Business School, she has taught post graduate and doctoral students in the area of accounting, finance and market microstructure at IBS Hyderabad for more than a decade. Her area of interest in research includes price discovery of cross-listed securities, market integration between developed and emerging markets and innovations and ethics in modern market microstructure. The cases and simulations authored by her are used for teaching MBA students at IBS Hyderabad and are published at Case Center, UK and IBS Case Development Centre (CDC), the third largest case repository in the world. She has presented papers at prestigious conferences and published research articles in international journals of repute like Economic Modelling, Finance Research Letters, International Journal of Managerial Finance, etc. "She serves as a guest referee at Journal of Public Affairs, Rajagiri Management Journal and IUP Journal of Accounting Research and Audit Practices.". She has designed and delivered MDP sessions for executives of reputed companies like ONGC and ITC Paperboards.
- Ph.D. in Finance (IFHE University)
- M.Phil. (ICFAI University, Tripura)
- NET (UGC)
- MBA (ICFAI University, Dehradun)
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Assistant Professor, RBS (May 2020 to present)
- Associate Professor, IBS Hyderabad (October 2017 to March 2020)
- Assistant Professor, IBS Hyderabad (July 2015 to September 2017)
- Teaching Associate, IBS Hyderabad (June 2010 to June 2015)
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Security Analysis, Portfolio Management, Financial Derivatives and Strategic Financial Management.
- Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Price Discovery, Volatility Transmission, Market Microstructure and Asset Pricing
- Whether corporate green bonds act as armour during crises? Evidence from a natural experiment, International Journal of Managerial Finance, forthcoming (ABDC A).
- Bank-appointed directors and idiosyncratic volatility: Evidence from India, International Journal of Managerial Finance, 2022 (ABDC A).
- Demystifying the dark side of technology in Indian stock exchanges a comparative analysis between NSE and BSE. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 2022 (ABDC B).
- Bankruptcy law, creditors’ rights and financing choices: Evidence from a quasi-natural experiment in India. Applied Economics, 2021 (ABDC A).
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Cash holdings in India: Evidence from a natural experiment, Finance Research Letters, 2021 (ABDC A).
- Creditors' governance, information asymmetry and debt diversification: evidence from India, International Journal of Managerial Finance, 2021 (ABDC A).
- The relationship between human capital and firm value: Evidence from Indian firms. Cogent Economics & Finance, 2021 (ABDC B).
- A frequency domain causality investigation between futures and spot prices of Indian commodity markets, Economic Modelling, 2014 (ABDC A).
- Efficiency of emerging stock markets: Evidences from “BRICS” stock indices data using nonlinear panel unit root test, Journal of Economic and Financial Modelling, 2013.
- Factors affecting commodity futures price volatility in India: An empirical examination, Interdisciplinary Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences, 2012.
- Determinants of Returns of Cross Listed Firms: Evidence from Indian GDR. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 2012.
- Cross-listed Securities and Law of One Price: Evidence from Indian GDR, Interdisciplinary Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences, 2012.
- Risk Analysis of Shale Gas Extraction Project, The Case Center, UK (along with its teaching note and instructor spreadsheet), 2020
- Weighted Marginal Cost of Capital for Tecnet Steel Limited, The Case Center, UK (along with its teaching note and instructor spreadsheet), 2020
- Financial Feasibility Analysis of Shale Gas Extraction, The Case Center, UK (along with its teaching note and instructor spreadsheet), 2020
- Inventory Management Dilemma at Super Cement, The Case Center, UK (along with its teaching note and instructor spreadsheet), 2019
- Management of Return on Human Capital: An Exercise, The Case Center, UK (along with its teaching note), 2017
- Smart Investors Limited, The Case Center, UK (along with its teaching note), 2011
CONFERENCE PAPER PRESENTATIONS
- Whether Corporate Green Bonds Act as Armour during Crises? Evidence from a Natural Experiment, Third SEBI-NISM Research Conference, February 2022, NISM-Mumbai.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Shariah versus non-Shariah compliant stocks: A comparative study using wavelet analysis, 8th PAN IIM World Management Conference, December 2021, IIM Kozhikode.
- Comparing Energy Contagion of the Indian Industries across Global Financial Crisis and COVID 19, Second SEBI-NISM Research Conference, February 2021, NISM-Mumbai.
- Do the determinants of the speed of adjustment differ for the Shariah complaint firms? An evidence from India, GIM Conference on Applied Economics and Finance, December, 2019, GIM Goa.
- Impact of market sentiments on the causal nexus between interlinked markets –Evidence from spot, futures and host markets of Indian cross listed firms, 55th Annual Conference of TIES, January 2019, NISM Mumbai.
- Market segmentation induced inequalities in price discovery and information transmission mechanism: An empirical investigation of ADRs from BRIC countries, 52nd Annual Conference of TIES, January 2016, IIM-Kozhikode.
- Price Discovery and Information Transmission in Non-synchronous Markets: An empirical analysis of Selected Cross listed Stocks of Indian Origin, 3rd India Finance Conference (IFC), December, 2013, IIM-Ahmedabad.
Conferences / MDPs Organised / FDPs Organised
- Conference Convener for the 3rd Rajagiri Management Conference held on 22-23rd April 2022 on the theme "Sustainable Development Goals in the post-pandemic world"
- Organised a two-day Pre-Conference Research Workshop for the 3rd Rajagiri Management Conference on 20-21st April 2022
- Organised a Industry Panel Discussion for the 3rd Rajagiri Management Conference on 22nd April 2022
- Organised a special track for industry experts in the 3rd Rajagiri Management Conference on 23rd April 2022
- Organised a special track for research proposal in the 3rd Rajagiri Management Conference on 22nd April 2022
Workshops / Training Attended
- Curriculum Building for Data Science and Business Analytics with application of SAS, IBS Hyderabad by SAS corporate team, February 2019.
- Commodity Derivatives and Risk Management, IIT, Kharagpur, March 2015.
- Commodity Markets and Futures Trading, Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bangalore, January 2014.
- 2nd Summer School on Essential Econometrics for Research in Finance, National Institute of Securities Markets, April 2011.
Workshops / Training Organised
- Delivered two sessions each on Economic Value Added and Incremental Analysis to executives of ONGC Ltd. at IBS Hyderabad on February 14 to 15th, 2019.
- Delivered two sessions on Project Appraisal in the 8th MDP on MSME Banking for bank managers at IBS-Hyderabad on 8 to 10th February, 2017.
- Delivered four sessions on Financial Statement Analysis in the 7th MDP on MSME Banking for bank managers at IBS-Hyderabad on 11to13th January, 2016.
- Delivered three sessions on Optimal Working Capital Management at in the MDP on Supply Chain and Finance for executives of ITC Paperboards on 26th to 28th July, 2016.