Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Vineetha Prakash holds a PhD in Management from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala; in the area of Human Resource Management. She was the recipient of the UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for doctoral research. She has published research papers in journals and also presented papers at conferences. Prior to moving to academia and research, she has gained industry experience of 3.5 years, having worked with two major multi-national organizations in the IT industry. Her research interests include work-life balance, employee well-being and employee engagement.
- PhD in Management (Human Resource Management), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
- Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala.
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) in Information Technology, University of Kerala, Kerala.
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Assistant Professor (Senior), Department of Business Administration (Saintgits Institute of Management), Saintgits College of Engineering (Autonomous), Kottayam, Kerala. Period: November 2020 – November 2021.
- Management Trainee, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS), Cochin, Kerala. Period: October 2011 – September 2012.
- Member Technical Staff, HCL Technologies Ltd, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Period: August 2006 – April 2009.
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Work-Life Balance
- Employee well-being
- Employee Engagement
- Prakash, V. (2018). Work-life balance: Perceptions of the non-work domain. IIMK Society & Management Review, 7(2), 97-108, ABDC-C
- Prakash, V. (2018). New Paradigms of Work-life Balance Practices. Journal of Advance Management Research, 6(4), 103-108.
- Prakash, V. (2016). The Role of Support outside Work in the Relationship between Job Embeddedness and Work-Life Conflict. In Zakkariya K.A., D. Renjini & Joseph, George (Eds.), Human Capital, Employability and Competency Building (pp. 250-261). New Delhi: Excel India Publishers. ISBN-978-93-85777-92-9.
- Presented a paper titled “New Paradigms of Work-life Balance Practices” at the International Conference on Paradigm Shift in Global Business Practices (ICPGP) organized by Kristu Jayanti College, ISDC and CIMA held at Kristu Jayanti College, Bengaluru, March 6-7, 2018.
- Presented a paper titled “The role of support outside work in the relationship between Job Embeddedness and Work-Life Conflict” at the International Conference on Human Capital and Competency Building- Initiatives, Interventions & Innovations organized by DDU Kaushal Kendra, CUSAT, Cochin, Kerala, September 1, 2016.
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- National Conference on New Paradigms of Management organized by Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Cochin, Kerala, January 30, 2018.
Workshops / Training Attended
- Participated and successfully completed the AICTE Sponsored Online Short-Term Training Program (STTP) on “Neuroscience of Learning in Digitized Learning Environment” under AICTE’s Quality Improvement Scheme, conducted by SCMS Cochin School of Business, Kerala during December 14-19 December, 2020.
- Participated and successfully completed the Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme on “Managing Online Classes and Co-Creating MOOCs: 2.0” organized by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College (University of Delhi) and sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (GoI) during May 18 - 03 June, 2020.
- Participated in the online Faculty Development Program on “Beginner’s Guide to Research” conducted by Saintgits Institute of Management during December 3-4, 2020.
- Participated in the online Faculty Development Program on “Data Analysis using Statistical Tools in MS Excel” conducted by Saintgits Institute of Management during December 7-10, 2020.
- Participated in a One Day Workshop on “Academic Writing” held at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi on February 2, 2018.
- Participated in the “National Workshop on Statistical Analysis in Social Sciences and R Programming” sponsored by ICSSR and organized by Dept. of Commerce, MES College, Marampilly, Kochi during March 28-29, 2017.
- Participated in the “Two Day National Workshop on Research Report Writing” organized by Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kerala in association with Kerala Library Association Ernakulam Region during February 17-18, 2017.
- Participated in the Knowledge workshop on “Sampling Methods and Techniques” conducted by the Christ University at the Nodal office, Trivandrum on January 25, 2016.
- Participated in the UGC-sponsored National Workshop on “Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis” organized by Rajagiri School of Management, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery, Kerala and Indian council for Social Welfare – Kerala during June 4-6, 2016.
- Participated in the National level Training Workshop on “Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) using AMOS” conducted by the Christ University at the Nodal office, Trivandrum during 18-20 May, 2015.
- Qualified the “Certified Train the Trainer Program” conducted by Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD) during February 22-25, 2022.
- Life member, Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD)
- Member, The Indus Entrepreneur (TiE), Kerala Chapter
Awards And Achievements
- Qualified the UGC-NET and was awarded the Junior Research Fellowship (UGC-JRF) in Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour & Social Welfare/Human Resource Management in June 2012.