ANN MARY JOSE
Email-ID : email@example.com
Ann Mary Jose submitted her PhD thesis on the topic “A Study on Spatial Inequalities and Policy Responses in India”, Department of Economic and Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Chennai, which was then affiliated to University of Madras. She holds an Integrated Masters degree in Economics from Central University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana. She is UGC NET qualified. Also, she has been worked as a Research Assistant at Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad, Telangana. Her research focuses on various types of inequalities persist in Indian society and the effectiveness of different policy initiatives to tackle it. Her research interest is in the area of development economics, public policy, impact evaluation studies and open macro-economics. Currently, she has been working on issues related to gender inequality and wage differentials among Indian wage earners. She has publications in Journal of Public affairs, Indian journal of economics etc, and has papers under review in various reputed journals.
- PhD in Economics, Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Chennai, Tamil Nadu (Thesis Submitted)
- Integrated MA in Economics, Central University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana.
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Guest Lecturer - Bishop Kurialashery College for Women, Amalagiri, Kottayam (September 2021- November 2021)
- Research Assistant – Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad, Telangana (August 2015 – May 2016)
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Development Economics
- Regional Economics
- Public Policy
- Impact evaluation studies
- Open Macroeconomics
- Jose A. (2021). Regional disparities and economic policies in Kerala: place-based or people centered?. Indian Journal of Economics, 402(3) , 437-454. (ABDC- C)
- Jose A. (2019). India’s Regional disparity and its policy response. Journal of Public Affairs, 19 (4). (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.1933) (ABDC-B)
- Jose A. (2019). Impact of labour productivity on structural transformation and economic growth. Journal of Public Affairs, 19 (2). (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.1913) (ABDC – B)
- Jose A. (2021). Spatial inequality and the relevance of place-based policy in India, Lap Lambert academic publishing, New York. ISBN: 978-620-4-72947-3.
- Jose A., Thomas S., Mathew P. (2021). Education in the time of Covid-19: Challenges and opportunities. In Higher Education going online-The challenges in India (123-128). Babu,S. & Ramaswami, R. (Eds), Indian Academy of Science: Bangalore. ISBN: 978-81-950664-5-2.
- Jose A (2018). Do policies targeting poor districts work? An evaluation of the BRGF program. Proceedings of the 18th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR-2018), IISc, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Regional disparities and Economic policies in Kerala: Place based or people centred?. The 14th Annual International Conference on Public Policy and Management held at the IIM Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, August 22-24, 2019.
- Unraveling the nexus between public goods provisioning and regional disparity in India. An impact evaluation study. The CoRe: IGIDR PhD Colloquium held at IGIDR, Mumbai, November 5-8, 2019.
- Do policies targeting poor districts work? An evaluation of backward region grant fund program. The Research Symposium on Finance and Economics held at Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Sri city, Andhra Pradesh, December 12-13, 2019
- Regional Disparity in India: An Evaluation of a Place-based policy. The 18th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR-18) held at Indian Institute of Science, IISc, Bangalore, Karnataka, November 29-30, 2018.
- Do policies Targeting poor districts work? An evaluation of BRGF program. The 14th Annual Conference on Economic growth and Development held at Indian Statistical Institute, ISI, New Delhi, December 19-21, 2018
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- National Conference on Economic Growth and Marginalized Groups: A search for Inclusive Policy, Organized by School of Economics. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, March 24-25, 2014.
- International Conference on Democratic Decentralization and People’s Participation, Organized by Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA), Thrissur, Kerala, December 20-23, 2012.
Awards And Achievements
- Best paper award for the track Sustainability Governance and Policy, COSMAR 2018, IISc, Bangalore. Karnataka.
- University first rank and received Gold medal for IMA Economics (2010-2015), University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
- Qualified UGC- NET in Economics
- Qualified Karnataka State Eligibility Test (K-Set) in Economics.
- Received the Minority Excellence Scholarship, Government of India.