Dr. Susan Mathew
Email-ID : email@example.com
A doctorate in English Language from Madurai Kamaraj University, She has over fourteen years of international and regional teaching experience. Before joining Rajagiri , she worked as a language instructor in Bahrain and has conducted remedial English language courses for the Bahrain Ministry of electricity. Her move to Kerala saw her as a Lecturer for Business Communication at D.C School of Management and Bhavan`s Royal Institute of Management. She has also completed upto level 6 in the French programme from Alliance Francaise, Bahrain. She is a Presenter for Cambridge University U.K.and is an experienced corporate trainer. She was a visiting scholar at Western Washington University, Bellingham, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Columbus State University, Columbus and Nazareth College, Rochester.
- MA (Literature), B.Ed,Ph.D
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Bavens Royal Institute of Management. ( June 2004- January 2005)
- DC School of Management, Vagamon, Kerala ( May 2003-May 2004)
- Wisdom Institute, Bahrain ( April 2001-April 2002)
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- English Language and Communication
- Cross-cultural Communication
- “Determinants of Brand Loyalty: A Study among Apparel Consumers in India”, International Journal of Exclusive Management Research, December- January 2014- Volume 4 Issue 1 ( ISSN :2249-8672)
- Mix them up: The Impact of Transliterated Expressions in Print Advertisements’ in the Conference Proceedings of the Annual conference of Emerging Conference Markets Board ‘Listening to Consumers of Emerging Markets- 2014’ by IIM Lucknow, Jan 9-11,2014 (ISBN 978-81-928560-0-1)
- Economic Growth without Environmental Destruction- Translating Myth into Mechanism" published in the conference proceedings at Greeniverse-The National Conference on Environment at DC School of Management and Technology
- “Seamless Script: The Impact of transliterated Expressions in print Advertisements” published in the conference proceedings of “The 3rd Great Lakes NASMEI Conference 2009,An International Marketing Conference in India”
- "Do they Mix Well? The Impact of Transliterated Expressions in Print Advertisements" published in the conference proceedings of" The 6th Great Lakes NASMEI International Marketing Conference, 2012
- Presented a paper “Mix them up: The Impact of Transliterated Expressions in Print Advertisements” at the 2014 Annual Conference of Emerging Conference Markets Board ‘Listening to Consumers of Emerging Markets- 2014’ by IIM Lucknow,Noida Campus from January 9-11,2014.
- Presented a paper titled “A study on eco-friendly purchase behaviour" in the one day national conference on Traditional Concepts of Marketing in Today's context sponsored by UGC at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi on 24th January 2013.
- Presented a paper titled " Do they Mix Well? The Impact of Transliterated Expressions in Print Advertisements" at the 6th Great Lakes NASMEI International Marketing Conference held at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai on 29th & 30th December, 2012
- Presented a paper titled " AStudy on Eco-friendly Purchase Behaviour with special reference to Fab India" at The International Conference on Inclusive and Sustainable Growth jointly conducted by Institute of management Technology and BAIF Development Research Foundation,Pune on October 4-6,2012
- Presented a paper titled" Economic Growth without Environmental Destruction- Translating Myth into Mechanism' at the National Conference on Environment held at DC School of Management and Technology,Vagamon on December 17,2010
- Presented a paper titled “Seamless Script: The Impact of transliterated Expressions in print Advertisements” at the 3rd Great Lakes NSSMEI International Marketing Conference held at the Great Lakes Institute of Management ,on December 18- 19,2009 at Chennai
- Presented a paper titled 'Khaya Yehi Hai Right Choice- The Influence of Sociolinguistics and Transliteration in Advertisements' at the National Seminar on New Trends in English Literature and Language (NASTELL-2014) organised by the Department of English,Noorul Islam University,Thuckulay on April 30,2014.
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- Trainer for Rajagiri International Communication Skills Workshop ( August19-30,2013) for students of Sojo University ,Japan
- Trainer for Rajagiri International Communication Skills Workshop ( Feb 25-March 8,2013) for students of Sojo University ,Japan
- Trainer for Rajagiri International Leadership Skills Workshop ( Feb 29-March 9,2012) for students of Sojo University ,Japan
- Mastering Telephonic Interviews for Connect Plus (P) Ltd- January 2,2009
- Enhancing Communication and Presentation Skills for D.P World – November 12,2008
- Delearn to learn on Communication Skills for DP World-January 3-4,19,February 2,2008
- Mat traing for IGNOU -2008 and 2009
- Learning to Unlearn on Communication Skills for DP World – December 15, 2007
- BEC training for VKL Spices- October 1-Novemnber 28,2007
- Basic Communication Skills for Smart Engineering & Digital Solutions Ltd- June 24,2007
- Global Business Leadership Skill Training Course for NEC ,Japan – October 17-20,2008
- Enhancing Organisational Effectiveness through Managing Change-July 17-19,2008
- Global Business Communication and Project Management for Sr.Executives of Net/NCOC Japan on Communication Skills- October 31- Nov20-2007
- Faculty Coordinator for Business Communication Workshop on “Need –Based Communication Courses and Learner-Centered Teaching Methodologies’ on September 24,2009.
- Faculty Coordinator for the National Conference on “Communication in Global Business… the changing spectrum’ on September 25,2009
Workshops / Training Attended
- Two day training programme on "Environmental Education and Sustainable Development" organised on 24 & 25 January 2011 at IGNOU, Regional Centre, Cochin
- MDP on Research Methodology & SPSS 16.0 by Albertian Institute of Management from May 14-16,2009.
- International Seminar on English in Higher Education: Content, Pedagogy and change By Newcastle University UK and St.Teresa College
- Effective Strategies for Management Facilitators, Faculty Development Programme by Christ College Institute of Management ,Bangalore, from March 14-15,2008.
- National Conference on Quality Management and Competitive Bench Marking Issues by UGC from January 3-4, 2008
- Training for Cambridge Presenter Programme by Cambridge University, UK and British Council at Chennai on December 22 ,2007
Presentation made in the Rajagiri Faculty Council
- The Art of Networking
- 10 Thinking Hats
- Transliteration in Advertising