Dr. Joji Alex.N
Email-ID : email@example.com
A post-graduate in Business (MBA) and Economics (MA), he teaches in the domain of marketing. He has presented papers in Marketing, Education and Strategy in national and international conferences. He is awarded his doctorate in management studies, in the domain of Marketing. He has many publications to his credit in National/International Journals of repute. His present research interest includes brand management, and different aspects of consumer behaviour. He is intensely associated with the training and consultancy wing of the institute and has undertaken various trainings, consultancy and research projects. He has been a Visiting International Scholar at the Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, USA. He completed the faculty development programme at IIM-Ahmedabad (2005-06), and has more than two decades of post graduate teaching experience.
He is a research guide in Management Studies at the Research centre, Department of Personnel Management, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery from 14-02-2019 (Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam).
- AICTE STTP (2019-2020), Ref. No. 34-65/302/RIFD/STTP/Policy-1/2018-19, Quantitative approach to business research, Amount sanctioned INR Two Lakhs Eighty Thousand.
- Minor research Project (UGC 2009) - Mall Mania and the changing retail buying behaviour with reference to shoppers in Kochi, Amount sanctioned INR Seventy Five Thousand.
- Number of PhD Awarded (Guide): One candidate dated 19-08-2019 Bharathiar University (in Management studies)
- Presently Guiding 02 candidates at Research centre in Management Studies, RCSS (affiliated to MG University)
- Reviewer: Rajagiri Management Journal ISSN: 0972-9968, Emerald Publishing
- Dhanam Business Magazine (2009), Top 20 manufacturing brands in kerala, Dhanam business magazine, Ernakulam, Vol 20, No 10 (Consultancy)
- Coir Board (2011), Selling successfully at Coir Board, Salesmanship-beyond customer delight for the sales team of Coir Board (Training).
- Dhanam Business Magazine (2011), Top 20 manufacturing brands in kerala, Dhanam business magazine, Ernakulam, Vol 23, No 10 (Consultancy).
- Dhanam Business Magazine (2011), Top 05 retail brands in kerala, Dhanam business magazine (Onam issue), Ernakulam, Vol 22, No 16 and 17 (Consultancy).
- Bless Homes ( P) Ltd (2012), Market Potential for Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing (Consultancy)
- Farmers Co-operatives among Coconut Growers (Indian Coconut journal) June 2012, (Publication)
- Coconut Development Board (2012), Knowing necessary financials and impact of ASEAN on coconut farming, Training programme for coconut producer’s society leaders jointly organised with Coconut Development Board, Ernakulam (Training).
- Dhathri Ayurveda Pvt. Ltd (2013), Consultancy- Streamline the Distribution Channel (Consultancy)
- Flexitron (2014), Market feasibility study to enter Kerala Market for the white good company from Middle East (Consultancy).
- Resource person for the UGC Sponsored Three Day National Workshop on Research Methodology for Commerce, Management and Economics, St.Thomas College Pala, Sep 16-18, 2015 (Training)
- Market Potential Analysis for Ayurveda Treatment in Kadavanthara, Ernakulam- IndoCosmo Systems Pvt. Ltd, December 2016 (Consultancy).
- Trainer for the Central Police Canteen on Personal effectiveness, Visual Merchandising / Salesmanship and CRM using MIS, January 5, 2016 and July 22, 2018 (Training)
- Influence of Motivational factors on Organisational Commitment in a Hospital setting", International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org | UGC and issn Approved), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol.7, Issue 4, page no. pp416-424, April-2020,
- Anjelo’s Confectionaries: A product without a proper place, Ivey Publishing 2020 (Case with teaching note) product #9B20M037.
- Influence of Ambient Perfumes on Consumer Spending Behaviour: A Study among Apparel Shoppers in an Indian Setting, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol 48.1, January 2018, pp 61-74. (ISSN-09738703; Scopus indexed, UGC CARE listed Group A, ABDC-C category)
- Brand-extension price premium: An enquiry of the role of perceived Fit among users of a consumer durable in India, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol 44.8, August 2016 (ISSN-09738703;Scopus indexed, UGC CARE listed Group A, ABDC-C category)
- The Role of Consumer Knowledge Dimensions on Country of Origin Effects: An Enquiry of Fast-consuming Product in India, Vol 19.1, April-June 2015 pp 1-12, Vision: Journal of Business Perspective, Sage
- (ISSN-0972-2629, Scopus Indexed from 2016, UGC CARE A group, Proquest, ABDC)
- Does compulsive buying affect credit card defaults? Vision-The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol 12.4, Oct-Dec 2008, pp 23-32
- (ISSN-0972-2629, Scopus Indexed, UGC CARE A group, Proquest, ABDC)
- Brand credibility and purchase intention among users of shopping and convenience goods: The moderating role of brand involvement, Indian journal of marketing, Vol.44.4, April 2014 (ISSN-09738703; Scopus indexed, UGC CARE listed Group A, ABDC-C category)
- Does credit card usuage enhance defaults among compulsive buyers? Indian journal of marketing, Vol 41.6, pp-3-12, June 2011, (ISSN-0973-8703. (ISSN- 09738703; Scopus indexed, UGC care listed Group A, ABDC-C category)
- Impact of Workplace Spirituality on Corporate Financial Performance, Prabandhan: Indian Journal of management, 6(9), 5-15, Vol 6.9 September 2013. (ISSN- 09752854; Scopus indexed, UGC CARE listed Group A)
- Attitude and purchase intention towards counterfeit products: An enquiry among consumers in India, Vilakshan: The XIMB Journal of Management vol.12.2, September 2015 (ISSN: 0973-1954; EBSCO listed)
- Hedonic Versus Utilitarian Values: The Relative Importance of Real and Ideal Self to Brand Personality and Its Influence on Emotional Brand, Vilakshan: The XIMB Journal of Management;Sep2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p77 (ISSN: 0973-1954; EBSCO listed)
- An Enquiry into Selected Marketing Mix Elements and Their Impact on Brand Equity, The IUP Journal of Brand management, June 2012, (ISSN 0972-9097, EBSCO, Proquest Database listed, Cabell’s Directory)
- Consumer evaluations of product line brand extension, The IUP Journal of brand management, Vol 8.1 mar 2011, pp 22-35 (ISSN 0972-9097, EBSCO, Proquest Database listed, Cabell’s Directory)
- Turnover intentions: perspectives of IT professionals in kerala, The IUP Journal of organisational behaviour, Vol 10.1 January 2011,pp-18-41 (ISSN-0972-687X, EBSCO, Proquest Database listed)
- The Effects of Workplace Dimensions on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment, Journal of Organization and Human Behaviour ,Vol 3, Issue 2 & 3, Apr-July 2014 (ISSN 2277-3274, EBSCO (Business Source Complete), Proquest
- Big Spending, Compulsive Buying and Externality: An understanding into the buying behaviour and credit card usage pattern in India, ISBN-13: 978-3845472447, Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (September 19, 2011) (BOOK)
- Leadership style of school head masters and its influence on the organisational commitment of subordinate teachers: a study among school teachers in kerala, GBAMS-Vidushi, July-dec, 2011, Vol 3.2, pp-29-36, ISSN-0974-6374.
- Enhancing student learning in b-schools-An enquiry? The ICFAI Journal of Higher Education, Vol 5.1.2, Feb-mar2010, pp 33-40, ISSN-0973-3744.
- Does mobile advertising create a bang? Asia pacific journal of marketing and retail management, Vol 2.3 Oct 2011, pp 589-597, ISSN-0976-7193.
- Are shoppers compulsive buyers? Erudition-The Albertian journal of management, Vol 3.2 July 2009, pp 60-66, ISSN-0973-7839.
- Influence of attitude on consumption of cosmetics by women consumers, International Research Journal of Management and Commerce, Vol 4.11, pp 370-383 (ISSN-2348-9766). (Co-authored with PhD Scholar)
- Influence of lifestyle on consumption of cosmetics by women consumers, EPRA international journal of Economic and Business Review, Vol 5.11, pp 40-45 (ISSN-2349-0187) (Co-authored with PhD Scholar)
- Co-creating a value based learning ecosystem (book chapter) pp 291-295 in Revolutionizing Indian Education System, Archers & Elevators Publishing House, ISBN 978-81-946245-0-9, First Edition 2020
- Consumer Attitude towards Green Products: An outlook from India’s Green State, BIMTECH Business Perspectives, Vol 2.2, pp 1-12, ISSN: 2581 9542, Jan-Jul 2021
- Intersections: Strategy across traditional boundaries, International seminar RCBS, Jan 10, 2011 (Organiser of conference)
- National Conference on Insights in Marketing, February 2017, Rajagiri College of Social sciences (Organiser of conference)
- National conference on Insights in Marketing -2016, 2017 & 2018, Rajagiri College of Social sciences (Conference session chair)
- Stock Price Reaction to Mergers and Acquisitions Announcement (2018), International conference hosted by Rajagiri Business School, Kakkanad, Kochi in association with Academy of Practical Business Administration, Korea and East and Central Asia Economic and Business Association (poster presentation)
- Marketing in the 21st century : Contributing towards a better world- Conference at Rajagiri Business School, Kochi 2019 (Conference session chair)
- Consumer attitude towards eco-friendly FMCG products, National conference on Insights in marketing: Marketing in the 21st century : Contributing towards a better world- Conference at Rajagiri Business School, Kochi 2019 (Presented paper)
- National Conference in Marketing: Marketing in an Economic Downturn (Feb 08, 2020) - Organised, Editor of Conference proceeding book ISBN: 978-935396-417-7 and co-authored two papers.
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- UGC refresher course for aided college teachers at Department of management Studies, Mysore University, April 15-May 06, 1998.
- UGC refresher course for aided college teachers at Department of management Studies, MG university, August 5-27, 2003.
- UGC orientation programme for aided college teachers at Academic staff college, Thiruvanthapuram, University of Kerala, May 3- 30, 2008.
- UGC refresher course for aided college teachers at Academic staff college, Jamia Millai Islamia, New Delhi, May 6- 27, 2009.
- Volunteer for Tree census 2010, Corporation of Cochin.
- Preparation for Autonomy, Seminar at Christ University, Bangalore (Attended in 2014)
- Faculty Development programme on teaching with Simulations workshop, February 27 and 28, 2018, Rajagiri College of Social sciences
- One day work shop on Academic writing, February 2018, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Attended)
- Faculty Development Programme on teaching with Board games, March 28, 2018, Rajagiri College of Social sciences
- Qualitative research techniques –One day Workshop, Conducted at Rajagiri college of social sciences, February 1, 2019 (attended)
- IAA World Congress 2019 Kochi 20-22 February, 2019 (participant)
- 1st Rajagiri Conference on Economics and Finance 2019, Rajagiri Business School, Kochi (participant)
- Cesim simulation training programme at RBS, Nov 28-29,2019 (Accomplishment- Certified as Cesim Trainer)
- Attended Research Adda: Jointly hosted by RCSS and MRSI on November 22, 2019- Topic- Getting Insights in the Age of Data Explosion
- National Conference in Marketing: Pre-Conference Work Shop in Philosophical Underpinning and Qualitative Research Methodology (Feb 07, 2020)- Organised
- Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals, passed a non-credit course offered online through Coursera, authorised by University of Virginia. View Certificate
- Competitive Strategy from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) on Coursera. View Certificate.
- Advanced Competitive Strategy from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) on Coursera. View Certificate
- High-Impact Business Writing!, Online course on Coursera. View Certificate
- Design Thinking for Innovation, University of Virginia,View Certificate
- International B2B marketing, Yonsei University, View Certificate
- International Entertainment and Sports Marketing,Yonsei University, View Certificate
International Hospitality & Healthcare Services Marketing Yonsei University, View Certificate
- Intro to International Marketing ,Yonsei University, View Certificate
- International Marketing Entry and Execution,Yonsei University, View Certificate
- Chairman, Board of Studies, Department of Business Administration, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous) (2014-2020)
- Member of the Academic Council, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous) (2014-Present)
- Member of the Governing Council, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous) (2018-20)
- Member of Internal Quality Assessment Council (IQAC), Rajagiri college of Social Sciences (Autonomous) (2014-20)
- Chairman, Board of Examiners, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous) (2014- Present)
- Chairman, Board of Examiners, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam (Affiliating State University) (2006-2017)
- Editorial committee member, Rajagiri Management Journal (2012-2019)
- Research Guide at Bharathiar University (2013-18)
- Head of Department of Business Administration (2012-2019)
- Head, Centre for Doctoral Studies in Management (2019-Present)
- Programme Chair, MBA Programme, ACBSP accreditation (2015-2019)
- Member of various disciplinary committees of the college