Bala Subramanian R
Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Bala Subramanian R has overall 15 years of experience in academic and two years in industry. He has completed Fellow Program in Management specialized in OB area. His doctoral thesis examines the role of employees’ gratitude and team performance. He has conducted training for the employees of TVS, India Post, NALCO, and Prachar Bharati, Odisha.
- Fellow Program in Management (XLRI, Jamshedpur)
- MHRM (Dept of HSS, IIT Kharagpur)
- MMS (Thiagarajar College, Madurai)
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- 2020 – 2022: Assistant Professor, School of Commerce, XIM University Bhubaneswar.
- 2014 – 2020: Assistant Professor, School of Management, Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
- 2004 – 2006: Executive-HR (Generalist), Dot Com Info Way, Madurai
- Subramanian, B. R., Thakur, M., & Chalil, G. (2022). The Definition and Similar Constructs of Gratitude: A Critical Review. Psychology Hub, 39(3), 33-42.
- Bala Subramanian R, Srikanth PB and Thakur M (2022), Influence of distributive justice on organizational citizenship behaviors: The mediating role of gratitude. Frontier in. Psychology 13:974405. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2022.974405, 2022
- Bala Subramanian R, Munish Thakur, & Manjula (2022), Does the Customer Complain or Compliment? Nudging Them to Feel Grateful, Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, Vol:35, September, 2022
- Bala Subramanian R, Subhajit Bhattacharya, & Munish Thakur, ‘Job Crafting, Performance, and the Mediating Role of Gratitude: A Study Among the Sales Service Personnel of Tourist industry, India’, ASEAN Journal on Hospitality and Tourism Vol. 20, No. 2, August 2022, pp. 53-66.
- Bala Subramanian R, Munish Thakur, A Review of Theories in Gratitude Literature, Psychology Hub, n. 1, Vol.39, 2022, pp:81-90
- Subramanian, R. B., (2016). Women Leadership in Organization: A literature review. IIM Indore Journal of Management, Vol 8, Issue 2 (ISSN:0975-1653)
- Subramanian, R. B., & Jomon, M. G. (2015). Why Happiness is Critical for Individual Performance? IIMS Journal of Management Science, 6(1), 9-23. (ISSN: 0976-030X)
- Subramanian R, B., & Mehta, S. (2013). ‘Factors influencing disintegration of informal networks in organizations. The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 247-255. ISSN: 00195286 ('C' in the ABDC list)
- Subramanian R., B. and Thakur, M. (2022), "India Post: its 21st-century avatar", Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 12 No. 3. https://doi.org/10.1108/EEMCS-05-2021-0138
- Chintaluri, M. G., & Bala Subramanian, R. (2022). Managing Channel Partner Conflict: The Case of Z-Tel Mobile, India. Management and Labour Studies, Vol.47, Issue:3, March, 2022,pp:385-395.
- Archana Choudhary, & Bala Subramanian R. (2021) ‘Role of Community-Based Organizations in the Pandemic: Opportunities for Growth, Challenges to Survival’. In Stakeholder Strategies for Reducing the Impact of Global Health Crises (pp.116-131). IGI-Global (ISBN13: 9781799874959)
- Subramanian, R. B., & Kumar, S. (2016). Do Women Turn to Entrepreneurship to Maintain a Better Work–Life Balance. In Indian Women as Entrepreneurs (pp. 63-80). Palgrave Macmillan UK (eBook ISBN 978-1-137-60259-6)
- R, B., & Chakraborty, U. (2016). Triguna and Entrepreneurship. In S. Sengupta (Ed.), Compendium On Integrating Spirituality & Organizational Leadership (Vol. 9, Spirituality for Social Innovation and Social Change, pp. 214-218). New Delhi: ISOL Publications.
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- "Unionization of IT Workers – A Study in India”, presented at State of Employment in India: Problems and Prospects, Centre for Public Policy and Governance, Goa Institute of Management May 10-11, 2022
- “A Study on the Impact of Branded Gold Show Rooms on Traditional Gold and Bullion Entrepreneurs of Madurai City, Tamil Nadu” was presented at the fifth annual Gold & Gold Markets Conference 2022, IIM Ahmedabad, 11-12, April 2022.
- “Does the customer complain or appreciate it? Nudging them to feel grateful”, was presented at the Behavioral Science in Management Conference, IIM Ahmedabad, 3rd-4th, March 2022.
- “Does the Grateful Emotion Satisfice?”, was presented at the Behavioral Science in Management Conference, IIM Ahmedabad, 9th-10th April 2021.
- "Influence of Distributive Justice on Organizational Citizenship Behaviors: The Mediating Role of Gratitude", has been accepted for presentation at the virtual 81st Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 29 July - 4 August 2021.
- “Gratitude, Team Cohesion and Performance: An Empirical Investigation of Business Organizational Teams” was accepted for the British Academy of Management, 2020 Conference.
- “Influence of Organization size on service quality: A Study on Government Hospitals, Odisha" was accepted for the poster session of 4th IIMA International Conference on Advances in Healthcare Management Services in IIM Ahmedabad, February 16-17, 2019.
- Poster presented on “Choice Complexity and Rationality: A Comparative Study On Retail Store Format's Influence On Consumers’ Satisficing buying decision, India” at TAPMI-Max Planck- SOTON Winter School on Bounded Rationality 2019.
- Paper titled “Influences of Gratitude on Team Performance: The Mediating Role of Team Cohesion” was presented for the AMJ paper and idea development workshop at the IIM Bangalore on February 17-18, 2018