Dr. Anto Joseph
Email-ID : email@example.com
Dr. Anto Joseph earned his Ph.D. in finance from IFHE University, Hyderabad and has more than ten years of teaching experience. Prior to joining RCSS, he had been teaching subjects in Finance and Accounting to MBA, Executive MBA, and Ph.D. students at IBS, Hyderabad. His research interest includes areas like corporate finance, green finance, market microstructure, and asset pricing. He has published articles in reputed journals like Economic Modelling, Finance Research Letters, International Journal of Managerial Finance, Economic Bulletin, etc. and also presented papers at different national and international conferences.
- Ph.D. in Finance (IFHE University)
- M.Phil. (ICFAI University)
- NET (UGC)
- M.Com (Mahatma Gandhi University)
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Assistant Professor, RCSS (May 2020 to present)
- Associate Professor, IBS Hyderabad (October 2017 to March 2020)
- Assistant Professor, IBS Hyderabad (August 2015 to September 2017)
- Teaching Associate, IBS Hyderabad (June 2010 to July 2015)
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Financial Derivatives, Strategic Financial Management and Management Control Systems.
- Corporate Finance, Green Finance, Market Microstructure and Asset Pricing
- "The conditional impact of market conditions, volatility and liquidity shocks on the arbitrage opportunities during pre‐COVID and COVID periods. International Journal of Finance & Economics, forthcoming (ABDC B)."
- Whether corporate green bonds act as armour during crises? Evidence from a natural experiment, International Journal of Managerial Finance, 2022 (ABDC A).
- The relationship between human capital and firm value: Evidence from Indian firms, Cogent Economics and Finance, 2021 (ABDC B).
- Bank-appointed directors and idiosyncratic volatility: Evidence from India, International Journal of Managerial Finance, 2021 (ABDC A).
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Cash holdings in India: Evidence from a natural experiment, Finance Research Letters, 2020 (ABDC A).
- Creditors' governance, information asymmetry and debt diversification: evidence from India, International Journal of Managerial Finance, 2020 (ABDC A).
- A frequency domain causality investigation between futures and spot prices of Indian commodity markets, Economic Modelling, 2014 (ABDC A).
- Are the emerging BRIC stock indices efficient? Economics Bulletin, 2011 (ABDC C).
- Whether Corporate Green Bonds Act as Armour during Crises? Evidence from a Natural Experiment, Third SEBI-NISM Research Conference, February 2022, NISM-Mumbai.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Shariah versus non-Shariah compliant stocks: A comparative study using wavelet analysis, 8th PAN IIM World Management Conference, December 2021, IIM Kozhikode.
- Comparing Energy Contagion of the Indian Industries across Global Financial Crisis and COVID 19, Second SEBI-NISM Research Conference, February 2021, NISM-Mumbai.
- Firm and industry specific factors driving the capital structure decisions: Evidence from India, GIM Conference on Applied Economics and Finance, December, 2019, GIM Goa.
- The inter-temporal causal nexus between Indian agricultural commodity futures and spot prices: a wavelet analysis, 55th Annual Conference of TIES, January 2019, NISM Mumbai.
- Price discovery role of Indian commodity futures market revisited: A wavelet analysis, 52nd Annual Conference of TIES, January 2016, IIM-Kozhikode.
- Factors affecting financial inclusion in rural areas: an empirical analysis, 4th Doctoral Colloquium, IIM-Ahmedabad, January, 2010.
- Rural Populace’s Perception on Financial Inclusion, International Conference on Public Policy and Management, IIM-Bangalore, August, 2010.
- Financial Inclusion- Initiatives and Outreach, International Conference on Financial Inclusion, Great Lakes, Chennai, August, 2010.
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- Delivered two sessions on Capital Budgeting and Cash Flow Analysis to Deputy and Assistant Directors of Panchayats of Kerala Government at IBS Hyderabad on December 13th, 2019.
- Delivered two sessions on Capital Budgeting to Block Panchayat Secretaries of Kerala Government at IBS Hyderabad on October 25th, 2019.
- Delivered two sessions each on Economic Value Added and Incremental Analysis to Executives of ONGC Ltd. at IBS Hyderabad on February 14 to 15th, 2019.
- Delivered two sessions on Project Appraisal in the 8th MDP on MSME Banking for bank managers at IBS-Hyderabad on 8 to 10th February, 2017.
- Delivered four sessions on Financial Statement Analysis in the 7th MDP on MSME Banking for bank managers at IBS-Hyderabad on 11to13th January, 2016.
Workshops / Training Attended
- Curriculum Building for Data Science and Business Analytics with application of SAS, IBS Hyderabad by SAS corporate team, February 2019.
- Commodity Derivatives and Risk Management, IIT, Kharagpur, March 2015.
- Commodity Markets and Futures Trading, Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bangalore, January 2014.
- 2nd Summer School on Essential Econometrics for Research in Finance, National Institute of Securities Markets, April 2011.