Sunil Puliyakot - Associate Professor
Email-ID : email@example.com
Industry experience of about 15 years comprises of managerial positions in reputed organizations like GCMMF Ltd. (AMUL), one of the biggest FMCG brand; JM Financial Group, one of the oldest investment banks in the country and ICICI Bank, the largest private sector bank, before moving to teaching in the year 2006. Corporate experience include exposure to areas like accounting and control, capital markets, sales and distribution of financial products and retail banking. Practical exposure to accounting and reporting, corporate finance and financial markets is further complemented by extensive business school teaching experience as a member of faculty in the Finance and Economics area of Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore. Doctoral work in the area of microfinance draws from the disciplines of development economics and financial markets.
M. Com (University of Calicut), PGDRM (IRMA), Fellow in Management (XLRI Jamshedpur)
Areas of Interest
- Teaching interests: Economics, Financial markets, Research Methodology
- Research Interests: Indebtedness, Consuming Instinct, Moral Hazard in Financial Markets
Journal Papers / Articles
- “Competition, Multiple Borrowing and Over-indebtedness in Microfinance: An Empirical Investigation”; The Microfinance Review; Vol VII, No. 2; July - December, 2015
- “Bank Stress Tests: Why it Can’t be Very Stressful”; The Analyst, November 2010; ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad.
- “Asset Price Bubbles: The ‘Why’ and ‘How’”; The Analyst, August 2009; ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad.
- “Geithner – Summers Plan: Setting a Bad Precedent”; The Analyst, May 2009; ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad.
- “Economic Slowdown: Can China Save the Global Economy”; The Analyst, April 2008; ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad.
- “Competition, Multiple Borrowing and Over-indebtedness in Microfinance: An Empirical Investigation”, 3rd International Conference on Financial Inclusion, November 2014; XLRI Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur.
- “Significance of Lender Efforts in Determining Repayment Performance of Joint Liability Groups in Microfinance”; International Conference in Microfinance, January 2009; Central University of Pondicherry.