Rofin T M - Assistant Professor
Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Rofin T M has obtained his B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering from Govt. Engineering College Kozhikode in 2007 and his MBA degee in Operations Management (Major) and Marketing Management (Minor) from Rajagiri College of Social Sciences in 2010. After a short stint at HCL Infosystems he worked as an Assistant Professor in Rajagiri College of Social Sciences from 2011- 2013. During his tenure in Rajagiri he cleared UGC NET-JRF and applied for PhD program of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. To the present, he has submitted his thesis titled “Game-Theoretic Studies on Dual-Channel Supply Chain Competition” to the department of Industrial and Systems Engineering – IIT Kharagpur. His research interests include dual channel competition, customer preference for online channel and innovative supply chain configurations. Some of his preliminary contributions of his research have already been published in reputed international journal ‘Electronic commerce research’ (Springer). His work also appears in international conference proceedings such as POMS and ICACCI. Some of his professional contributions include successful completion of reviewer assignments for reputed international journals like Electronic commerce research and Kybernetes. He is a member of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers and Production and Operations Management Society.
- B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering); MBA (Operations and Marketing)
- PhD (Thesis Submitted)
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Assistant Professor, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kerala – 2011 – 2013
- PhD Scholar, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, IIT Kharagpur
Areas of Interest
- Teaching: Operations Management, Operations Research, Business Mathematics
- Research : Game Theory, Firm Competition, Dynamical Systems and Chaos, Pricing strategies
Awards and recognitions
- Won Best Oral Presentation award on the Research Scholars Day-2018 of Dept. of Industrial and Systems Engineering –IIT Kharagpur
- Won Best Oral Presentation award on the Research Scholars Day-2017 of Dept. of Industrial and Systems Engineering –IIT Kharagpur
- Won Best Poster Presentation award on the Research Scholars Day-2016 of Dept. of Industrial and Systems Engineering –IIT Kharagpur
- Cleared University Grants Commission(UGC)- Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) in 2012 December National Eligibility Test(NET)
- Won the best team award for a business plan simulation contest conducted by Kerala Management Association across business schools in Kerala.
- Rofin, T. M., & Mahanty, B. Optimal dual-channel supply chain configuration for product categories with different customer preference of online channel. Electronic Commerce Research, 1-30.
- Rofin, T. M., & Mahanty, B. (2015, August). Influence of customer acceptance of online sales channel on firm profits under channel competition. In Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2015 International Conference on (pp. 875-881). IEEE.
- Mathew, V., Thirunelvelikaran Mohammed Ali, R., & Thomas, S. (2014). Loyalty intentions: Does the effect of commitment, credibility and awareness vary across consumers with low and high involvement?. Journal of Indian Business Research, 6(3), 213-230.
- Presented a paper tiltled “Impact of Customer Preference of Online Channel on the Firm Profit under Dual channel Supply Chain Competition”, at POMS 27th Annual Conference - 2016, held at Orlando, US
- Presented a paper titled “Influence of Customer Acceptance of Online Sales Channel on Firm Profits under Channel Competition’’ at Fourth International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI-2015).
- Presented “Nonlinear Dynamics in the Bertrand Game with Heterogeneous Online Retailer and Traditional Retailer” at International Conference on E Business and Supply Chain Competitiveness (EBSCC-2016) organized by POMS India chapter and E-Business Centre of Excellence-IIT Kharagpur
- Paper titled “Impact of co-operative advertising in a two-echleon dual-channel supply chain” has been accepted for presentation in the upcoming 11th ISDSI International Conferece to be held at IIM Trichy on December, 2017