Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Vineeth is pursuing a Ph.D. in Water resources management from the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. His area of research is Geospatial Analysis and Forecasting of Urban Groundwater Level using ML & Deep Learning models. He holds a master's Degree in Water Resources Engineering & Management from the National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka (NITK), and a bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Kerala. His areas of research interest are water resources management, environmental economics, geospatial analysis, operations research, machine learning, and deep learning.
- Ph.D. (Status: Thesis writing) in Water resources management – IISc Bangalore
- M.Tech. in Water resources engineering & management (2013-2015) – NIT Surathkal
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering (2009-2013) – University of Kerala
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Adjunct Faculty at Department of Data Sciences and Analytics, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore.
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Water Resources Management
- Environmental Economics
- Geospatial Analysis
- Operations Research
- Natural Resources Management
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Vineeth V & Parthasarathy Ramachandran (2022). Components of urban groundwater recharge in Bengaluru, India. Urban Water Journal. doi:10.1080/1573062X.2022.2077221. Scopus ranked Q1 Journal
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- Vineeth V. and Parthasarathy Ramachandran.: “REOF Analysis of Ground Water Level Variation in an Urban Hard Rock Aquifer System”, European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly 2021, online, 19–30 Apr 2021, EGU21-13982, 2021.
- “Components of Ground Water Recharge in Bengaluru, India” Third Indian National Ground Water Conference (INGWC 2020), February 2020, Centre for Water Resources Development and Management (CWRDM), Kozhikode, India.
- “Groundwater modelling, a game theoretic perspective” at Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi, Japan, January 2018.
- “Real option analysis” at Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi, Japan, January 2018.
- “Impact of Domestic Water Pricing on Equity in Water Supply of Bengaluru City” at International Water Association (IWA), Water Loss Conference, Bengaluru, India, February 2016.
Workshops / Training Attended
- Workshop on “Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Technologies (FOSS4G) for Urban Environment Applications’’ organised by Centre for Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning, OSGEO-India and Energy and Wetlands Research Group , Centre for Ecological Sciences at Indian Institute of Science (IISc) ,Bangalore, India, April 2015.
- Development of GIS Database of NITK Campus (Duration:3 months, May to July 2014) @ Department of Applied Mechanics & Hydraulics, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, India.
- TEQUIP – ll Sponsored Workshop on “Geoinformatics for Water and Coastal Engineering” at National Institute of Technology, Karnataka, India, September 2013.
- Participated in a webinar on Groundwater- time series analysis organized by Australian Water School on 30th March 2022.
- Attended the virtual global summit on Artificial Intelligence: Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020) organized by the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Government of India, October 5-9, 2022
Awards And Achievements
- Awarded Japan Science & Technology (JST) fellowship (2018) under Sakura science student exchange programme held at Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi, Japan
- Awarded Ministry of Education, Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
- Awarded MHRD Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) (August 2016 – July 2018)
- Secured top 3% in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2014
- Awarded MHRD GATE Scholarship (2013-2015)
- Secured top 3% in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2013