Email-ID : email@example.com
Sushil holds FPM in Management from Indian Institute of Management Raipur India. His dissertation was on understanding the dynamics of venture creation process with a focus on Indian startups. He also holds M.Phil in Planning and Development from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, and MA in Social Entrepreneurship from the School of Management and Labor Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai. Prior to joining RBS, he was teaching at the University of the Fraser Valley India Chandigarh, an international campus of UFV Canada British Columbia Vancouver. He brings valuable experience of teaching Indian and Canadian students for two years.
His teaching interests are Strategic Management, Advanced Competitive Strategy, Strategy Execution and Corporate Renewal, Entrepreneurship, Family Business, Emerging Markets and Strategy, Innovation and Technology Management, International Business, Corporate Social Responsibility, Research Methods.
His research interests are Competitive Dynamics, Strategy Process Research, New venture creation, Entrepreneurial teams, Time study of venture creation, Social entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial orientation, E-commerce, Family dynamics and succession, Public sector organizations, Emerging markets and Strategy, Corruption and international business, and CSR.
- FPM in Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship, IIM Raipur
- M.Phil in Planning and Development from Department of Humanities and Social Sciences IIT Bombay
- MA in Social Entrepreneurship, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai
- B.Sc in Zoology, College of Commerce Patna, Magadh University Bodh Gaya Bihar
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Assistant Professor, School of Business, University of The Fraser Valley Canada, Chandigarh India Campus (Jan 2019-Sep2020)
Teaching Responsibilities at MBA Program (AY 2019-20): Strategic Management, International Business, Management of Innovation, Contemporary Management, Directed Studies. BBA Program (AY 2019-20): New Business Development
- Chief Operation Manager- Nidan Microfinance, Patna (April 2010-July 2011)
Nidan Microfinance’s core business was providing small loans to small entrepreneurs, and poor women located in urban and rural areas across North Indian states. The organisation raised funds from banks, government financial agencies, and NBFCs. We scrutinized the loan proposals from clients, mentored their businesses at different stages, and ensured the timely repayment of loans. We assisted in starting of new businesses, and also revival of existing ailing business.
- Kumar, Sushil and Das, S. (2019), "An extended model of theory of planned behaviour: Entrepreneurial intention, regional institutional infrastructure and perceived gender discrimination in India", Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies, 11(3), 369-391.
- Kumar, Sushil & Das, Satyasiba (2020). “Integrated framework of strategic orientation, value offerings and new venture performance”, DECISION, 47(1), 3-17.
- Sushil Kumar, & Satyasiba Das (2015). IOCL- Vertical Specialization to Vertical Integration (Public Sector Enterprises in Emerging Countries 1/8 - Maharatna Companies in India), IVEY Case Publishing, Canada. https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=80833.
- Kumar Sushil, Kumar S, & Das S, (2016). Emerging constraints diminishing effectiveness of CSR initiatives in India. In Sahay, B.S., Das, S., Chatterjee, B., Subramaniam, G., & Venkat Rao. (Eds.), CSR: The New Paradigms. Bloomsburry Publishing, New Delhi.
- Das S., & Kumar Sushil (2016). Strategy and CSR. In Sahay, B.S., Das, S., Chatterjee, B., Subramaniam, G., & Venkat Rao. (Eds.), CSR: The New Paradigm. Bloomsburry Publishing, New Delhi.
- Kumar, Sushil & Das, S (9-13 August 2019). Integrated Framework of Strategic Orientation, Value Offerings and New Venture Performance, Academy of Management Conference, Boston MA, USA.
- Kumar, Sushil & Das, S. (15-18, December 2018). Integrated Framework of Value Offerings and New Venture Performance, SMS Special Conference, Hyderabad, India, ISB Hyderabad.
- Kumar, Sushil & Das, S. (15-18, December 2018). A Time Study of New Venture Creation, SMS Special Conference, Hyderabad, India, ISB Hyderabad.
- Kumar, Sushil, Ali, S. & Das, S. (15-17March, 2018). Developed Economies’ Born Globals’ Strategies in Emerging Economies, Strategic Management Society (SMS) Special Conference, Sau Palo, Brazil.
- Kumar, Sushil & Das, S. (14-16 December 2017). Motives towards Entrepreneurship and Role of Local Institutions Affecting Entrepreneurial Intentions, 5th PAN-IIM WMC 2017 Conference, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, India.
- Kumar, Sushil, Ali, S. & Das, S (19-21 April 2017). Advanced Economies’ Global Start-ups Adapting to Dynamic Competitive Environment in Emerging Markets through Strategic Experimentation, Academy of International Business (AIB)- India Chapter Conference, 2017, Symbiosis International University, Pune, India.
- Kumar, Sushil & Das, S. (2015, December). IOCL: Vertical Specialization to Vertical Integration, Strategic Management Forum, 18th Convention, IIFT New Delhi.
- Kumar, Sushil, Kumar, S. & Das, S. (2015, May). Emerging constraints diminishing effectiveness of CSR initiatives in India, Global Summit on Corporate Social Responsibility (GSCSR), organized by IIM Raipur, IICA, & NLSIU Bangalore, India International Center, New Delhi, India.
- Sinha, P.; Kumar, Sushil & Das, S. (2015, May). Defining and Classifying the Concept of Inclusiveness in CSR, Global Summit on Corporate Social Responsibility (GSCSR), organized by IIM Raipur, IICA, & NLSIU Bangalore, India International Center, New Delhi, India.
- Kumar, Sushil & Das. S. (2014, November). Theoretical insight into the changing pattern in strategic Behavior of early-stage entrepreneurship, The Second Pan-IIM World Management Conference, Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode.
- Academy of Management
- Academy of International Business
- Strategic Management Society
Awards And Achievements
- Certificate in International Business Coursework and Paper Development Workshop, by Academy of International Business (AIB) India, 2016-17.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Management, University Grants Commission (India), 2012.