Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Priya Alat holds a Ph.D. in Management (OB & HRM) from IIT Kharagpur. She was a UGC Research Fellow. Her research interests include leadership, values, HRM, and Subjective Well-being. She has a number of research publications and has presented research papers in national and international conferences. She has coordinated workshops on Structural Equation Modeling conducted by the National Academy of Psychology (India) and has experience in editing articles for the journal Psychological Studies (Springer Nature). She also has worked for a short while as an HR executive in an US based KPO where she was responsible for employee relations and recruitment.
- Ph.D. Organizational Behavior
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Kharagpur.
- PGDM Human Resource Management, Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Delhi.
- B.A. English, Calcutta University, Kolkata, West Bengal.
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Position: Management-Trainee HR
- Organization: NetConnect Private Ltd. (Project: Accretive Health Services Pvt. Ltd.)
- Responsibilities: Employee relations and recruitment
- Period: December 2011 to September 2012
- Alat, P. & Suar, D. (Accepted). Flexible Leadership in the Manufacturing Sector, International Journal of Organization Theory & Behavior (Emerald, Impact Factor: .18, ABDC “C”)
- Suar, D., Jha, A. K., Das, S. S., & Alat, P. (2019). The structure and predictors of subjective well-being among millennials in India. Cogent Psychology, doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/23311908.2019.1584083 (Taylor & Francis, ESCI, SCOPUS)
- Suar, D., Das, S.S., Alat, P., & Kumar, R. (2017). Exposure, loss, and support predicting the dimensions of posttsunamitrauma. Journal of Loss and Trauma, 22(5), 427-439. (Taylor & Francis, SSCI, Impact Factor: .79)
- Suar, D., Alat, P., & Das, S. S. (2017). Attachment styles predicting posttsunami trauma: The mediating effects of coping. Psychological Studies, 62(2), 160-167. (Springer, SCOPUS)
- Suar, D., Das, S. S., Alat, P., & Suar, J. (2016). Exposure, resource loss, and posttsunami trauma. Journal of Loss and Trauma, 21(5), 421-432. (Taylor & Francis, SSCI, Impact Factor: 0.79)
- Suar, D., Das, S. S., & Alat, P. (2015). Bereavement, postdisaster trauma, and behavioral changes in tsunami survivors. Death Studies, 39(4), 226–233. (Taylor & Francis, SSCI, Impact Factor: 1.16)
- Leader Attributes and Effectiveness: Role of Behavioral Complexity, ASBBS 25th Annual Conference held at Las Vegas, U.S.A, 2018.
- Factor Structure of the 18-item Need for Cognition Scale, 27th Silver Jubilee Convention of National Academy of Psychology, India, held at IIT Kharagpur, 2017.
- Effective Leader Attributes, Behaviors and Values in the Indian Manufacturing Sector: A Qualitative Study at the 31st International Congress of Psychology, ICP2016, held at Yokohama, Japan, 2016.
- Factor Structure of the 12-item General Health Questionnaire at the 25th Silver Jubilee Convention of National Academy of Psychology, India, held at Allahabad University, 2016.
- Attachment Style, Coping Style and Posttsunami Trauma of Survivors at the 24th Annual Convention of NAOP, held at IIFM, Bhopal, 2014.
- Bereavement, Posttsunami Traumatic Stress, and Behavioral Reactions of Tsunami Survivors at the 23rd Annual Convention of National Academy of Psychology, India, held at NIT Rourkela, 2013
Workshops / Training Attended
- Pre-conference workshop titled Structural Equation Modeling on 21st December, 2017 in the 27th Annual Conference of the National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), organized by Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur, India.
- Pre-conference workshop titled Structural Equation Modeling on 28th December, 2016 in the 26th Annual Conference of the National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), organized by Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India.
- Facilitated the Pre-conference workshop titled Structural Equation Modeling on 2nd February, 2016 in the 25th Annual Conference of the National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), organized by the University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India.
Awards And Achievements
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Management by University Grants Commission (UGC) in December 2012.
- Research Interest
- Subjective well-being
- Disaster trauma