Arjun Anil Kumar
Email-ID : email@example.com
He is currently pursuing a doctoral degree in Management from the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. He has worked under the guidance of Prof. Parthasarathy Ramachandran, Department of Management Studies, IISc and has submitted his thesis titled "Design of Increasing Block Tariffs for pricing Urban Water: A Simulation Approach". He holds an M.Tech Degree in Industrial Engineering and Management from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. He has done his Bachelors in Electronics and Communication from the College of Engineering, Trivandrum. Post his bachelor's, he worked as a Digital Design Engineer in Crompton Greaves CoreEL Technologies, Bangalore for 34 months. His current interests are Water Resource Management, Spatial Analytics for Land Use / Land Cover (LULC) applications, Machine Learning, Operation Research, Business Analytics and Information Systems.
- Ph.D (Status: Submitted) in Management – IISc Bangalore (2015-2022)
- M.Tech. in Industrial and Management Engineering (2013-2015) – IIT Kanpur
- B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication – College of Engineering, Trivandrum
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- 34 months as Design Engineer in Crompton Greaves CoreEL Technologies, Bangalore (2009-2012).
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Water Resource Management
- Land Use Land Cover (LULC) Change and Natural Resource Management
- Spatial Analytics using R, Python, QGIS and Google Earth Engine
- Machine Learning for Satellite Image Classification
- Operation Research and Quantitative Methods
- Business Analytics and Information Systems
- A cross-sectional study of factors influencing the residential water demand in Bangalore, Urban Water Journal (ISSN: 17449006), Taylor & Francis Publication (https://doi.org/10.1080/1573062X.2019.1637905).
- Development of New Index-Based Methodology for Extraction of Built-Up Area From Landsat7 Imagery: Comparison of Performance With SVM, ANN, and Existing Indices, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (ISSN: 15580644), IEEE Publication (10.1109/TGRS.2020.2996777).
Workshops / Training Attended
- Japan-Asia Youth Exchange Program in Science scholarship fully funded by Japan Science & Technology Agency as part of the prestigious Sakura Science Program held at Toyohashi University of Technology, Nagoya, Japan 2019.
- Selected for the summer school on "Deep Learning" in Gdansk University of Technology, Poland 2019.
- Member of Coordination Committee of Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR), an annual Research Consortium organized by the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (2016-2019).
- Internship in the Kerala State Electricity Regulatory Commission (KSERC) under T.M. Manoharan IFS, Chairman, KSERC (2015).
- IEEE Graduate Student Member (97681235)