Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
All candidates seeking admission to the FPM program shall:
- have completed master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering and Technology/ Management/ Economics/ Social Science/ Biological Science/ Pure Science/ Commerce/ Humanities from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
- have a minimum of 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 in a 10-point scale.
- not be more than 55 years as on 1st December 2022
Those appearing for their final examination in the respective discipline can also apply. Such students if selected shall be provisionally admitted provided they complete all requirements in obtaining their Master’s Degree before 30th September of the year of admission. The admission of these candidates shall remain provisional until they produce the mark sheet proving that they satisfy the eligibility criteria. The deadline for submitting the final year mark sheet is 31st December.
Note: CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks if the degree awarding Institute provides marks in CGPA system or vice versa. Their admission will be based on the CGPA, or Percentage of Marks awarded in the transcript.
- Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission to the FPM program.
- Any document will be considered valid if that is valid on or after the date of admission.
- The decision of Rajagiri Business School regarding the determination of an equivalent degree is final and binding to all applicants.
- Application Last date: 15th March 2023
- Rajagiri Research Aptitude Test (RRAT)*: Will be Announced Later
- Interview (for RRAT cleared candidates):
* JRF candidates are exempted from RRAT
# Selected candidates will get a lump sum of 25 Lakhs as fellowship (during the five-year tenure) for completing the fellow program
Selection and Admission:
The admission of a candidate to the FPM program is recommended by the Departmental Academic Committee (PGDM and Research), of the Department/Centre concerned on the basis of-
- Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) shall be directly called for Interview and Presentation.
- All other candidates must clear Rajagiri Research Aptitude Test (RRAT). RRAT is a Written/ Computer-based Test comprising Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning, Business awareness, Research and Teaching Aptitude questions.
- Overall Academic Performance in UG and PG and work experience (if applicable)
- Tentative research proposal** and its presentation before the Selection Committee
- Personal interview
- ** All candidates must submit an abstract of about 5000 words on the area of research interest (tentative research proposal) along with his/ her application. Note that it is not mandatory that they should register FPM topic in the proposed topic or area only.
- NOTE: The decision of the Institution Selection Committee regarding admission shall be final. Communication shall be sent only to the selected candidates or uploaded to the RBS’s website. The Institution shall not entertain any queries or correspondence in respect of those not selected. III, IV and V shall be used to select the candidate.
Admission and Fellowship
Candidates having minimum qualifying degrees as mentioned in 6.1 are eligible for the award of Fellowship. For admission in the FPM programme, the validity of NET qualification with Assistant Professorship is for three (3) years from the date of declaration of NET results.
- If a person is in employment and selected for admission in the FPM programme under Institute Research Fellowship, he/she must resign and produce the acceptance of resignation by the employer at the time of joining or produce a document that he/she is not receiving any salary from his/her employer along with a proper document of sanctioned leave.
- The Institute Research Fellowship shall be awarded for a maximum period of 5 years. At present the amounts are as follows:
- Rs. 40,000/- pm for the period till registration
- Rs. 50,000/- pm after successful registration till thesis submission
- When the students go abroad under the visiting scholar program (VSP) an amount of US$ 1000 - 1500 per month is paid as a stipend depending on the country in which the University/Institute is located. In addition, a one-time payment of US$ 750 is given as a contingency grant.
- No Research Student shall be permitted to receive any emoluments, salary, stipend, or any other scholarship/Fellowship from any other institute during the tenure of Institute Research Fellowship.
- Every FPM scholar is entitled to receive a contingency grant (maximum amount of Rs. 50,000) to purchase books, stationery, software, hardware, data collection to present papers in referred national conferences related to his/ her dissertation work (after successfully completing the course work requirements) up to a maximum of twice a year which is to be duly approved by his/ her Main guide, followed by approval from FPM Coordinator, and Dean (Academics).
- RBS will also provide a maximum of Rs. 15,000/ per conference for presenting a paper in a national conference that covers registration fees, to and fro train fare in AC-III tier, lodging and boarding. Full-time FPM scholars may present a paper at a refereed international conference, once during their entire 5-years of FPM programme, subject to approval from the Main guide, followed by approval from FPM Coordinator, Dean (Academics), and Director of the Institute. Institute may provide a maximum amount of Rs. 75,000/ against the expenditure of registration fees, to and fro economy class airfare, visa expenditure, medical insurance, lodging and boarding. Reimbursements may be claimed by Full time FPM students by furnishing all bills (in original) related to their expenditure to the accounts section within a month of attending the conference or at the end of data collection leave.
- The research fellowship payment continues as long as the participant performs satisfactorily on the work assigned by the faculty member (normally 6 hours of administrative work per week). If the faculty member is not satisfied with the quality or quantity of the work done by the participant, the fellowship arrangement will come to an end prematurely. Certain essential research-related expenses are reimbursed, provided these expenses have the approval of the Main Guide. To claim reimbursement for such expenses, the FPM participant should produce all the relevant documents/vouchers together with the written approval of the Main Guide.
- If a person is in employment and selected for admission in the FPM programme under self/industry sponsership, he/she must resign and produce the acceptance of resignation by the employer at the time of joining. Such condicates are supposed to report at the campus as directed by the institute after the registration to the FPM programme.
- In the case of a sponsored candidate admitted as such to the FPM program, the minimum residential requirement is one and half year at a stretch subject to successful completion of the prescribed course work.
- A candidate sponsored by industry, an R&D organization, educational institution or a Government organization having adequate research facilities may be allowed to work externally subject to his/her fulfilling all such conditions prescribed in the Regulations. There is no provision of any financial assistance for sponsored candidates.
- All sponsored candidate has to pay following fees:
- Admission fees, tuition and course fees: ₹50,000
- Annual registration fees: ₹40,000
- Thesis examination fees: ₹25000/- which includes an honorarium of US$250/- for the foreign examiner and ₹5000/- for Indian Examiner.
Instructions to complete the Application
STEP-I : Fill in the ONLINE application form
Register with Your Email ID and login. Fill in the appropriate data. Please note that you have to upload your testimonials wherever they are required to verify your credentials along with your digital photograph and signature.
STEP-II : Make PAYMENT and SUBMIT Application
Payment of the application fee has to be made through an online payment gateway only.
STEP-III : Take a PRINTOUT
After the final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application printout may be retained with you for future requirements.
Please note that you NEED NOT SEND the application by post. Your application will be considered based on your final submission through online. You can check submission, shortlisting, selection, and other application-related status from Application Status menu. You should remember your login ID and password for the same.
The candidates shortlisted for the test & interview will be informed through system-generated email only. Their names may be notified on the webpage. However, candidates can see their status on the web portal by login and can download the Written Test/Interview letter, if shortlisted.