Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Aviral Kumar Tiwari is Associate Professor at Rajagiri Business School (RBS), India. Prior to joining RBS, he served as Associate Professor at Montpellier Business School, France, and as an Assistant Professor at IBS Hyderabad, India. After graduating with a degree in Economics from Lucknow University, Lucknow, India, he received his M.Phil (in Labour Economics) and PhD (in Energy and Environment) from ICFAI University Tripura. His research interests focus on various issues concerning energy, environment, tourism, macroeconomy and growth & development. He has published in various journals of international repute including top ranked journals in the prestigious Financial Times 50 list. His previous researches have featured in journals such as Journal of Business Ethics, Tourism Management, Annals of Tourism Research, Economics Letters, Energy Economics, International Review of Financial Analysis, Economic Modelling and many others. He has been conferred the Best Researcher Award, 2015 by GRABS Educational Charitable Trust, Chennai and a prestigious Prof. M J Manohar Rao Award for 2014 from The Indian Econometric Society for his outstanding research contributions.
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Teaching Experience:10 years (including PhD period)
- 2006-2007 Lecturer in Economics BSB Ambedkar Law College, Lucknow, India
- 2006-2008 Temporary Lecturer in Economics CMS Girls Degree College, Lucknow, India
- 2011-2014 ICFAI University Tripura (as a PhD Research Scholar since 2010 and taught a paper per-semester since 2011 in UG classes)
- Sep.2014–Nov.2016 Assistant Professor of Economics IBS Hyderabad, IFHE University, Hyderabad, India
- March.2018 Associate Professor in the department of Financial Management, Law & Accounting, Montpellier Business School, Montpelier, France
- August.2019 Associate Professor in the Department of Economics and Finance, Rajagiri Business School, Kochi, Kerala, India
- Research Experience:3 years
- 2009-2010 As an MPhil Research Scholar in ICFAI University Tripura, Tripura
- 2010-2011 As a PhD Research Scholar in ICFAI University Tripura, Tripura
- Dec.2016-Mar.201As a Post-doc fellow at Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France
- Oct.2017-Nov.2017 Research fellow at the University of Castilla- La Mancha, Spain
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Economics, Managerial Economics and Basic Econometrics courses
- Energy and Environmental Economics, Tourism, Cryptocurrencies, Applied Econometrics (linear and non-linear time series and panel data techniques), Applied Macroeconomics, Open Economy Macroeconomics, Public Finance and Fiscal Policy
- “Financial turnover as a determinant of CEO tenure” (as a team leader), funded by IFHE (deemed to be) University, Hyderabad. (INR 1, 65,000).
- “A study of volatility spillover across select foreign exchange rates in India using dynamic conditional correlations: A revisit” (as a team member), funded by IFHE (deemed to be) University, Hyderabad. (INR 1, 65,000).
- Ghouri, A.M., Akhtar, P., Vachkova, M., Shahbaz, M., Tiwari., A.K., Palihawadana. D. 2019. Emancipatory Ethical Social Media Campaigns: Fostering Relationship Harmony and Peace, Journal of Business Ethics. A (FNEGE-1); FT-50
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu, Aviral Kumar Tiwari, Seong-Min Yoon, Sang Hoon Kang. 2019. FDI, income, and environmental degradation in Latin America: Replication and extension using panel quantiles regression analysis Energy Economics, ABDC-A* (CNRS-2)
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu, Riza Demirer, I. Raheem, Aviral Kumar Tiwari. 2019. Does economic policy uncertainty connect financial markets? Evidence from oil and commodity currencies. Energy Economics, ABDC-A* (CNRS-2)
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari, Nader Trabelsi, Faisal Alqahtani and Shawkat Hammoudeh (2019). Analysing systemic risk and time-frequency quantile dependence between crude oil prices and BRICS equity markets indices: A New Look. Energy Economics, ABDC-A* (CNRS-2)
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari, Nader Trabelsi, Faisal Alqahtani and Lance Bachmeier (2019). Modelling systemic risk and dependence structure between the prices of crude oil and exchange rates in BRICS economies: Evidence using quantile coherency and NGCoVaR approaches. Energy Economics, ABDC-A* (CNRS-2)
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari, Debojyoti Das, and Anupam Dutta (2019) Geopolitical risk, economic policy uncertainty and tourist arrivals: Evidence from a developing country, Tourism Management, 75: 323-327 A* (FNEGE-1)
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari, Adeolu O. Adewuyi, and David Roubaud (2018) Dependence between the Global Gold Market and Emerging Stock Markets (E7+1): Evidence from Granger Causality using Quantile and Quantile-on-Quantile Regression Methods. The World Economy, ABDC-A (CNRS-2)
- Paper presented on “Globalization and Wage Inequality: An Empirical Study for a Developing Country” in the 92nd Annual IEA Conference, held in the KIIT School of Management, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, during December 27-29, 2009.
- Paper presented on “Is Gold and Silver Investments Inflationary Hedge? Evidence from India” in the 2nd International Finance Conference 2011, Organized and Hosted by IIM Calcutta during January 10-12, 2011.
- Paper presented on “Financial Devolution of PRIs, Some Issues and suggestions” in the National Seminar on “Mechanism of Devolution of Funds to Panchayati Raj Institutions in Uttar Pradesh” held in the Institute of Development Studies Lucknow during November 24-25, 2008.
- Paper presented on “Market Reforms in the Energy Sector: Evidence from a Panel Data Based Cointegration Analysis of BRICS Countries” in the 94th IEA Annual Conference, held in the Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune during December 27-29, 2011.
- Paper presented on “Globalization and wage inequality: A causality analysis” in the International Conference on Business and Finance (ICBF) 2010”, held in the IBS Hyderabad in collaboration with Indian Institute of Capital Markets, Mumbai, during March 12-13, 2010.
- Paper presented on “Fiscal Performance of the Panchayati Raj Institution: An Inter- State Analysis” in the National Seminar on “Financial Administration of PRIs in Uttar Pradesh” held in the Institute of Development Studies, Lucknow, during March 30-31, 2010.
- Paper presented on “Determinants of Capital Structure: a Comparison of Empirical Evidence from the use of different Estimators” in the 47th TIES Annual Conference, held in the School of Future Studies and Planning, Devi Ahilya University, Indore, during January 6-8, 2011.
- Paper presented on “Investment in e-Technology: A study on Customers Opinion on e-Technology Use and Benefits in the Banking Industry” in the North Eastern Regional Seminar on Information Technology, Organized and held in the ICFAI University Tripura, Tripura, during April 7-8, 2011.
- Paper presented on “A Causality analysis between interest rates and share prices in India: Using a frequency domain approach” in the 3rd International Conference on Applied Econometrics (ICAE-111)”, held in the IBS Hyderabad, organized by the IBS Hyderabad in collaboration with Indian Econometric Society, New Delhi, during December 16-17, 2011.
- Paper presented on “Income, primary energy consumption and CO2 emissions: Evidence from BRIC countries” in the 3rd International Conference on Applied Econometrics (ICAE-111)”, held in the IBS Hyderabad, organized by the IBS Hyderabad in collaboration with Indian Econometric Society, New Delhi, during December 16-17, 2011.
- Paper presented on “Finding the opportunities of different sectors through the contribution to the state domestic product of North Eastern Sates” in the National Seminar on “Opportunities of Trade and Development in North East India”, organized by the Department of Economics Tripura University under the UGC SAP DRS-I, held on March 20, 2012.
- Raveesh K and Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2012, "Education and Economic Growth: A time series analysis", in the National Seminar on "Inclusive Growth Through Education", organised by Economic Science Society of Tripura (ESSOT), held during December 8-9, 2012.
- Paper presented in “the 6th Doctoral Theses Conference”, held in the IBS Hyderabad, organized by the IBS Hyderabad in collaboration with Broad College of Business, Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA, during April 26-27, 2013.
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- Golden Jubilee Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics, Organised by GIRI Institute of Development Studies, Lucknow, during December13-15, 2008.
- National Seminar on “Pedagogy Trends in Teaching and Learning” organized by the Faculty of Education, ICFAI University Tripura, held in the campus, during June 3-4, 2011.
- Life member, Indian Economic Association
- Member in The Euro Area Business Cycle Network (EABCN)
- Member in International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE)
- One Year Research Fellowship to do post-doctoral from the Montpellier Business School, Montpelleir, France.
- One Month Research Fellowship from the University of Castilla- La Mancha, Spain, for collaborating research work and developing some research models
- Member of AACSB and AOL Team of IBS Hyderabad, India.