Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Anand Sasikumar holds Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai. He has a Master of Industrial Engineering from Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. He is a certified Lean Six Sigma Green belt internationally recognized by Exemplar Global Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge and has an MBA from Bangalore University. He has over 14 years in academic, research and corporate. He has attended various workshops organized by NIT, Trichy, Indian Institute Management, Kozhikode, Vellore Business School and EMC Data Storage Systems, Bangalore. His teaching interest includes Lean & Green Management, Total Quality Management, Operations Management, Project Management and Business Process Modelling His research area includes Lean manufacturing, Six sigma, Supply chain modelling and optimization, Industrial engineering.
Prior to joining Rajagiri Business School, he was associated with Premier B-schools namely SDM Institute for Management, Mysore, Acharya Bangalore B-School, Bangalore and SCMS School of Technology and Management, Cochin.
- PhD in Industrial Engineering from NITIE (National Institute of Industrial Engineering), Mumbai
- Master of Industrial engineering, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- Post Graduate certificate in Project Management, IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Master of Business Administration, Bangalore University
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology (Govt Engineering College), Kottayam
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Assistant Professor, SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysuru, October 2019-April 2022
- Associate professor, Acharya Bangalore Business School, Bangalore, February 2017-July 2019
- Assistant professor, DC School Management and Technology, Vagamon, Kerala, November 2016- January 2017
- Assistant professor, SCMS School of Technology and Management, Cochin, Kerala, June 2016-October 2016
- PHD Course work in NITIE (National Institute of Industrial Engineering), Mumbai, July 2015 – May 2016
- Assistant professor, SCMS School of Technology and Management, Cochin, Kerala, Aug 2013-July2015
- Teaching Assistant, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department, Concordia University, Canada, Sept 2011- Jun 2013
- Assistant professor, SCMS School of Technology and management, Cochin, Kerala, Aug 2008-Aug 2011
- Sasikumar A., Acharya P (2021)’ A Systems dynamics model for assessing lean performance of Bias tyre manufacturing process. Being communicated to Computers and Industrial Engineering, Elsevier, Scopus Indexed
- Sasikumar A., Acharya, P (2020)’ An Operational approach to gauge the lean performance in bias tyre manufacturing: a case study’, International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management. Vol.31(3), Inderscience Publishers, ABDC-C, Scopus Indexed
- Sasikumar A., Acharya, P (2020)’An Application of Analytic Network Process to Prioritize the Critical Success Factors for implementing Lean Manufacturing in Bias Tyre Manufacturing: A Case Study’ Industrial Engineering Journal, ISSN 2581-4915, Vol.13 (5), May, pp.1-18, UGC Care-A
- Unny B., Sasikumar A (2018) ‘Improving Supply Chain Transparency using Blockchain: Enablers and Challenges’ ABBS Management Business and Entrepreneurship Review, ISSN: 0976-3341, Vol.9, No.2
- Sasikumar A., and Kumar K (2013),’Value stream mapping in a manufacturing company’, IJCBM ISSN:2319-2828, Vol.2 No.2
- Sasikumar, A. (2021). Quality Management: Tyrax Tyres. Indian Case Research Centre, AIMA. August
- Sasikumar, A and Jayakrishnan S (2021). Stoney CNG Bus Storage and Transit Facility- Bringing Sustainability in Transportation. Administrative Training Institute, Mysore, July
- Anand Sasikumar, Dr. Padmanav Acharya, “Lean Supply Chain Management Practices in Tyre Manufacturing: A Profit Building Strategic Rationale, Enhancing National Competitiveness, Role of Industrial Engineering and Technology Management, Excel Publishers,ISBN:978-93-86256-15-7, 2016.
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- “System Dynamics Modelling in Production Systems: Research Review “, National Conference on Industrial Engineering and Technology Management, December 30-1,2018, National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai.
- “Challenges of implementing Lean manufacturing with a focus on Tyre industry” Diamond Jubilee National Convention of IIIE & International Conference Role of Industrial Engineering in Industry 4.0 Paradigm, September 27-30 ,2018, Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneshwar”.
- “Critical Success factors for Implementing Lean Manufacturing: An attempt to explore“11th ISDSI International conference, December , 27-30, 2017 ,Indian Institute of Management, Trichy.
- “Lean Supply Chain Management Practices in Tyre Manufacturing: A Profit Building Strategic Rationale “, National Conference on Industrial Engineering and Technology Management, November .17-19,2016, National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai.
- “Moderating the effects of Lean manufacturing. A contextual framework with respect to process industry”, International conference of operations and supply chain management, September 11-13, 2016, Symbiosis Institute of operations management, Nasik.
- Measuring the Impact of Agile Manufacturing Strategy in a Manufacturing company, Second PAN-IIM World Management Conference, November 05-08, IIM Kozhikode, Kerala
Workshops / Training Attended
- Resource person for the Faculty Development program on the topic “FDP on Trends in Teaching Methods in Management Education”, Organized by SDMIMD, Mysore,2022
- Resource person to engage in an online Session on “Lean Manufacturing” organized by SDM college of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad,2022
- Attended “Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Operations and Disruptions Management” organized by NITIE, Mumbai, 2021
- Resource person for the Faculty Development Program on the topic "How to use Case Study based teaching methods effectively" for the faculty members of Department of Management Studies, SDMCET, Dharwad ,2021
- Resource Person, MDP on 'MS Excel for Effective Decision Making' was scheduled at SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore, 2020
- Resource person to engage in an online Session on “Forecasting tools and techniques” organized by SDM college of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad,2020
- Attended a Short-term course on "Additive and Smart Manufacturing" organised by NIT Trichy, 2020.
- Participated in the FDP on “Fundamentals and Advanced Concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma organized by the NIT Trichy,2015
- Participated in the Workshop on "Basic Concepts of Project Management" organized by Concordia University, Canada,2013
- Participated in the Workshop on "Teaching Assistant Orientation”, organized by Concordia University, Canada,2012
- Participated in the Workshop on "Advanced MS Excel" ,2012 organized by Concordia University, Canada,2012
- Participated in the FDP on” Teaching Operations Research and its Application” at Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode,2011.
- Participated in the FDP on” Data Analysis for Managerial Decision Making” Vellore Institute of Technology Business School, VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu,2009
- Completed a Training programme on Information Storage and Management organized by EMC2, EMC Data Storage Systems Private Limited, Bangalore,2009
- Resource person for MDP organized by SCMS School of Business, Cochin for Assistant Managers in Kerala State Financial enterprises in the areas of Information technology and Management,2009