Dr. Simon Jacob C
Email-ID : email@example.com
Dr Simon Jacob C holds a PhD in Human Resource Management and Service Operations from the School of Management Studies (SMS), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala. His industry experience spans over 19 years in a diverse spectrum, and he has a postgraduate teaching experience of over 18 years. He had undergone FDP in Management at IIM A, FDP at IIM K, SDP at IIT Kharagpur, QIP at TAPMI, Manipal and qualified UGC/NET Lectureship in Management. He had also undergone European Summer Programme (ESP) at Catholic University- Lille, France. He is a CAMI-USA Certified Recruitment Analyst and handles Human Resources Management, Operations Management and Business & Labour Laws courses.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
- LL. B (Labour Laws specialisation)
- Master of Personnel Management (MPM)
- Master of Business Administration (Operations Management)
- PhD (Human Resources Management and Service Operations)
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
Teaching Experience ( over 15 years)
- Guest faculty at Kerala Agricultural University, Trichur for Agri- MBA programme.
- Counselor – IGNOU – MBA program at Trichur Study Centre.
- Guest faculty at Pondicherry University Distance MBA programme.
- PG level teaching at RCBS for MBA/MHRM/PGDM, since Oct 2004
Industry/Other - Experience (19 years)
- Indian Air force –Technical Wing
- Finance Sector (NBFC)- as Regional Manager -HRM & Business Operations
- As a Junior Advocate in Trichur Bar Council
- Automobile Sector- Manager
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Teaching: HRM, Operations Management, Business and Labour Laws
- Research: HRM and Service Operations
- Preparation of HR Manual for International Shipping Bureau, Dubai.(1st Oct 2007 to 1st Oct 2008)
- The Dynamic Relation between Organizational and Professional Commitment of Professionals in Health Care Sector and its Influence on Service Quality.(UGC sponsored Minor Project)
- Trainer in Financial/ Manufacturing Sector
- Jacob, S. C., Manalel, J., & Minimol, M. C. (2020). Service quality in the healthcare sector: do human resource management practices matter? British Journal of Healthcare Management, 26(2), 1-9. (Scimago Q3)
- Simon, C. J. (2020). Linking Human Resources Management Practices with Commitment to Service Quality and the Interacting Role of Service Climate in the Private Hospitals: A Study in India. Hospital Topics, 98(4), 172-183. (Scimago Q3)
- Simon Jacob C (2017). Visualising virtue of visual merchandising on customers: A study of apparel retail industry. Indian Journal of Applied Research, 7(9), 34-37. ISSN No. 2249-555X.
- Surya Dileep &Simon Jacob C (2014). Lean on time and production efficiency. Journal of supply chain management systems, 3(4), 13-17. ISSN 2277-1387.
- Manalel, J., & Simon Jacob C (2013). The dynamic relation between organisational and professional commitment of professionals in health care sector and its influence on service quality. International Journal of Consumer & Business Analytics,1(2), 44-67, ISSN 2321-175X.
- Simon Jacob C, Santhi Mohan C.V & James Manalel (2013). Bank on by banging service quality: a study of private and public sector banks in Cochin. Rajagiri Management Journal, 7 (2), 76-89. ISSN 0972-9968.
- Simon Jacob C (2012). A balanced corporate responsibility. Indian Journal of Applied Research, 1(10), 126-127. ISSN-2249-555X.
- Simon Jacob C. (2012). Study groups, grouping criteria and the synergy in educational system: a qualitative research among FDP participants. International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management, 2 (9), 105-108. ISSN 2231-4245.
- Bhavana, M., George, A.P., and Simon Jacob C (2008). Mash contact lens manufacturing company: mission to vision. SIMER PRAGATI, 3(1), 60-71.ISSN-0974-2018.
- Influence of human resource management practices on service quality in the hospital sector: validation of an integrated model. 9th Conference on Excellence in Research and Education, (CERE 2018) at IIM Indore, 3-6 May 2018.
- The dynamic relation between organisational and professional commitment of professionals in health care sector and its influence on service quality. 3rd International Conference on Business Analytics, held at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, India on Dec 24, 2013.
- Acquiring competency in providing experience: HRM - service quality paradigm, a review. International Conference on Operations Management: Innovative Practices for Revitalization of Paradigm Concepts, held at RCBS, Kochi on 02 September 2013.
- Bank on by banging service quality: a study of private and public sector banks in Kochi. Paper presented at National Conference on Inclusive Innovation and Sustainable Growth: the Millennium Challenges, Sponsored by UGC, held at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi on 30-31 August 2013.
- A balanced corporate responsibility. Paper presented at International Conference on Evolving Frontiers – Business-Society- Nation Interfaces. 10-12 Mar, 2011 organized by Indus Business Academy, Bangalore.
Workshops / Training Attended
- ‘Meta-Analysis’. Participated one day training programme at RCSS, Kochi on 02.06.2015.
- ‘Special Winter School’ UGC Sponsored by Academic Staff College, University of Calicut 27.11.2014 to 17.12.2014.
- ‘Preparation for Autonomy’. National seminar organised by the Centre for Education beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), Christ University, Bangalore held on 12-14 March, 2014.
- “Employment laws in the IT sector: Myth & Reality”. Workshop organised by Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Kochi on March 7, 2014.
- Rajagiri International Conference on Operations Management : Innovative Practices for Revitalization of Paradigm Concepts, held at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Kochi on 2 September 2013
- Rajagiri National Seminar on Inclusive Innovation and Sustainable Growth: the Millennium Challenges, Sponsored by UGC, held at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi on 30-31 August 2013
- International Conference on Cyber Crimes and Law: 2013. Organized at SMS, CUSAT on Aug 17, 2013.
- Staff Development Programme: Moodle and Exam Office Overview training organized by Christ University , Banglore held on 21-23 March 2013
- National conference on Banking and Finance, sponsored by UGC, held at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi on 20th Feb 2013
- National Conference on Traditional Concepts of Marketing in Today’s Context sponsored by UGC, held at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi on 24th Jan, 2013
- International conference on Innovative Practices for Business Excellence (IPBE 2013) organized by RCBS on 14th Jan 2013.
- Ph.D Course work at SMS CUSAT (23 July to 30 Nov 2012)
- Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis for Management Teachers, by RCSS, 13 -15 March 2012
- Learning Curve Certification Programme by en Paradigm Knowledge Solutions, CIIE, IIM Ahmedabad, 1-3 June, 2011
- International Conference – Financial Sector – Emerging Trends & Challenges at RCBS, 1st Feb. 2011
- European Summer Programme, Catholic University- Lille, France (22 June to 15 Jul,2010)
- UGC Orientation Programme – ASC, Calicut University
- Summer School on Social Research Methodology and Data Analysis(SDP)- IIT – Kharagpur, 21 Sep to 4 Oct, 2009
- Workshop on Research Proposal and Report Writing, IIM Ahmedabad (12 Sep. 2008)
- Faculty Development Programme in Management. IIM Ahmedabad, June 16 to Oct 4, 2008
- International Seminar on “Delearn to Relearn”- Redefining the Architecture of Education. 12th May 2007 at Hotel Taj Coromandel, Chennai
- Legal update: Annual workshop on Labour Laws.
- Strategic HRM: Course Scope, Content and Pedagogy Issues.(QIP) TAPMI- Manipal, Oct 17 – 21, 2005
- Training the Trainers (FDP) IIM- Kozhikode. May 26-28,2005
- A workshop on Entrepreneurship for Kerala- CUSAT
- Certified Recruitment Analyst, 2007(CAMI- USA)