Dr. Shelly Jose
Email-ID : email@example.com
Has nine years of professional experience including with Indian Oil Corporation in areas of HR, Generic Systems Audit, Training and Implementation of ISO 9002, ISO 14001 and occupational health and safety management, was also associated with World Wide Fuels Refineries Benchmarking exercise conducted by Solomon Associates, Singapore. His subjects of instruction include Organizational Behaviour, Performance Management, Environmental Management, Business Ethics and Strategic HRM. His thesis awarded PhD at School of Management Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology, explores the individual and contextual antecedents of Innovative Work Behaviour.
- MA(PM & IR), FDP (IIM A), PGDCA, PhD
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Teaching Experience: 20 years as on 2019
- Industry Experience: 9 years
- Research Experience (Part time concurrent with teaching experience): 10 years
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Strategic HRM
- Organisational Behaviour
- Change Management
- Environmental Management
- Business Ethics
- Organisational Part of OB / Context of Work/ HRM as Context
- Voluntary Retirement Consultancy for Hotel Taj Malabar, 2002
- Recruitment Consultancy for Binani Zinc Ltd., 2007
- Promotion policy for Telk Ankamaly 2012
- Kuriakose, V., Sreejesh, S., Jose, H., Anusree, M. R., & Jose, Shelly. (2019). Process conflict and employee well-being. International Journal of Conflict Management. 30 (4), 462-489. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCMA-12-2018-0142
- Kuriakose, V., Sreejesh, S., Jose, H., & Jose, Shelly. (2019). Testing activity reduces conflict associated strain (ARCAS) model. Personnel Review © Emerald Publishing Limited 0048-3486 DOI 10.1108/PR-11-2018-0462
- Jose, Shelly., & Mampilly, S. R. (2016). Innovative work behaviour: Propositions on influence from within and without an individual in the organisational context. Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, 12(3-4), 232-237.
- On building academic practitioner bridges. Paper published in Kerala Personnel Annual Issue 2011
- “Heedful interrelation as key to system efficiency”,article published in Kerala Personnel, Annual issue 2010
- “Industry mindset and Organisational culture - An attempt at a functional distinction”, article published in Kerala Personnel, Annual issue 2007
- “Towards new metaphors for a globalizing India: An agenda for Management” article published in Rajagiri Management Journal, January- June 2005
- “HRM – an ethical perspective”, article published in Kerala Personnel, Annual issue 2005
- “The Many ways of HR Role erosion”: article published in JIMS 8M Jan 1999
- Chapter 9 Enhancing Learning Outcomes through a Student-Centred Learning-Teaching Process in a Master of Human Resource Management Program in book Enhancing Student Learning Outcomes, Eds. Kayoko Enomoto, Richard Warner and Claus Nygaard
- Presented a paper titled ‘The primacy of self-efficacy over individual and organisational factors in predicting Innovative Work Behaviour’ and awarded the best presentation at the 111th IRES (Institute of research Engineers and Scientists) International conference held in New York, USA on 15th 16th April, 2018.
- Presented a paper titled "Innovative Work Behaviour as an outcome of Individual and Organizational factors: An Ecological Psychology Perspective" at the 3rd international Social Sciences and Business Research Conference held 17th -20th May, 2017 at University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Presented a paper "Engaging Cross Cultural Contexts: The need for a vertical perspective over horizontal" at the International seminar on Cross Cultural Management, 11th November, 2013, Rajagiri Business School, Kochi, Kerala.
- Presented a paper titled "The contextual influence in Organizational Behaviour -A review" at the 2nd International symposium on Business and Social sciences 7-9th November 2013 Osaka, Japan.
- “The academic-practitioner intersection: Towards a scholarship of integration” paper presented at 'Intersections- Strategy across traditional boundaries" the international seminar at Rajagiri Jan 10th 2011
- “Global environmental Challenge : Emergent business models” paper presentation at International Conference on Emergent Business Models and Strategies for the Knowledge Economy: Impact on Business, Government and Society, Nov 2009 at Indian Business Academy Bangalore
- “Developing Cross Cultural sensitivity”: paper presented at Bangalore HR summit. Dec 2004
- “Quantum Innovations in HR practices”: paper presented at Bangalore HR summit. Nov. 2003
- “Performance Management for Competitive Advantage”: paper jointly presented with Dr. Binoy Joseph, Institute of Public Enterprise, Sept 2003
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- Symposium june 7 - 9 , 2 023 Copenhagen , Denmark 24th International Symposium on " Enhancing student Learning outcomes in Higher Education "How to install any WiFi Driver on Windows 11/10/8
- Participated online in the 24th international symposium during June 7-9 on the theme Enhancing Learning outcomes in higher education conducted by LiHE (Institute for Learning in Higher Education) an international academic association founded in 2007 by Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, and Cass Business School, London, leading to a chapter publication in an international book on the theme from Libri Publishing Ltd., London.
- Chaired the session 'Management I' at the 2nd international symposium on Business and Social sciences 08:45 - 10:15 7th November 2013 Osaka, Japan.
Workshops / Training Attended
- Refresher Course in Environmental Management at Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, April – May 2010
- Refresher Course in Commerce and Management at Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, September, 2010
- Refresher Course in Human Rights at Academic Staff College, John Mathai Centre, Trissur, Feb, 2009
- Orientation Course for teachers at Academic Staff College, Calicut, Feb, 2007
- Blended MOOC teacher’s training course Feb. 2016, IIM Bangalore
- Strategic Management Teachers’ course on Blue Ocean Strategy IIM K February 2012
- Strategic Management Teacher’s Course Research and case writing at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, March, 2009
- Strategic Management Teacher’s Course Nuances of Strategy Implementation at Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode 18-23, Feb 2008
- Strategic Management Teacher’s Foundation Course at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore 24-29, Dec, 2007
- Strategic Management Teacher’s Course Mergers, Acquisitions, restructuring and Alliances at Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, April 14-19, 2007
- Certificate course in Data Analysis and Interpretation, Rajagiri College, May 2004
- FDP at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, 2001-2002
- Current trends in teaching OB – 12 day programme at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon April 2000.
- Certificate Programme on Research Methodology, Rajagiri College, Aug 2000
- Training Programme on OHSMS seminar on Loss Control Management by DNV April 1999
- Trained in ISO System (9000 and 14001, Quality and Environment) study, Internal audit and Training at Indian Oil Corporation, March 1997
- One year training at Indian Oil Corporation, Barauni Refinery covering entire refinery functions and systems, Sept 1993- Sept 1994.
- Trained and represented HR in Worldwide Benchmarking exercise of Refineries by Solomon Associates, Singapore.
International Seminar on Delearn to relearn Redefining the Architecture of Education, May 2007, Hotel Taj Coromandel , Chennai organized by Knowledge Xchange, Chennai
- Curriculum Development Workshop on Infusion of Environmental Concepts in Management Education at IIM Bangalore, Feb, 2003
- Orientation Workshop on, Integrating Environmental Education in Management School Curriculum, IIM Bangalore Oct 2002
- Training Programme on “Change Management” for IOC Dealers, Aug 2009
- Global Business Leadership Skill Training Course on “Cross cultural Communication” for Sr. Managers, NEC Communication Systems, Japan, Nov, 2008.
- Training Programme on “Time Management” for JCB Employees, 2008
- Management Development Programme on “Cross cultural Communication” for Sr. Managers, NEC Communication Systems, Japan, Nov, 2007.
- Training Programme on “Time Management” for Kerala Municipal Councillors at Institute of Management in Government, Kakkanad, Kochi, 2007
- “Best Practices: Recreating the HR function” at CII Best Practices Experience sharing conference conducted at Kochi on 14th October 2005.
- Talk on Improving health care Efficiency through Time Management for Hospital Administrators, organized by Catholic Hospitals Association of India (CHAI) Renewal Centre, Kaloor , Dec, 2007.
- Invited as a panellist and presented C. K. Prahalad commemorative lecture at the professional network meeting jointly organized by NIPM Kochi, ISTD, Kochi and NHRD Cochin Chapter on 11th May 2010, Gokulam Park.