Dr. Manoj Mathew
Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Manoj Mathew holds a PhD in Management from School of Management Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala. His doctoral thesis was in the area of Managerial performance. He holds masters in Economics [Calicut University] and Personnel Management [Mahatma Gandhi University] as well as an FDP from IIM- Ahmedabad. He started his career in the industry as a Human Resource Management professional and worked with companies such as AVT McCormick and Amalgam Foods Ltd for five years before joining academics. He teaches core and specialization papers in the area of HRM and OB along with the additional responsibility of heading the Office of Corporate relations. He regularly takes up consultancy assignments and conducts MDPs in the areas of Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour for corporate clients from India and abroad such as Cochin Shipyard Ltd, Apollo Tyres, Bank Muscat, CUMI, NEC Japan, Mahindra Satyam, Dubai Port World, Jayanti Group, Synthite Industries Ltd, etc. He received AUDI-Visiting Professorship at WFI School of Management, Catholic University of Eichstatt-Ingolstadt [Germany]. He was also a visiting Professor at VIVES University of Applied Sciences, Kortrijk [Belgium] and has been a visiting international scholar at Western Michigan University, Michigan State [USA] and School of Business, Assumption University, [Thailand].
- M.A. (PM& IR)
- M.A. (Eco)
Work Experience (Research /Teaching)
- Asst. Manager - HR , AVT McCormick Ingredients Ltd, Cochin.
- Executive - P & A, Amalgam Foods Ltd, Cochin.
- Executive - HRD, Bharat Hotel, Cochin
Area of Interest (Research /Teaching)
- Management of Change & Organisational Development
- Organisational Culture
- International Human Resource Management
- Competency Based Human Resource Management
- Training / Research Projects / Consultancy / MDP conducted
- Research co-ordinator of the survey “Top 100 National & International Brands of Kerala, 2005” for DHANAM magazine, Cochin ,Kerala
- “Work-Life balance practices in IT and ITES organizations: A study of its impact on IT and ITES professionals and organizations ( Special reference to Kerala).” Minor Research Project funded by University Grants Commission.
- Organisational Development consultant to Indian Products Ltd, Jayanti Group
- HR consultant to NORKA Roots, Govt. of Kerala for Organisational restructuring.
- Employee Engagement Survey for Synthite Industries Ltd., Cochin, Kerala Employee Satisfaction and Work Environment Survey for Cochin Shipyard Ltd, Cochin
- Fousiya, M., Mathew, M& LEON, L. (2013). STRESS ASSESSMENT AND COPING STRATEGIES FOR NURSES IN SELECTED PRIVATE HOSPITALS OF MALAPPURAM DISTRICT, KERALA. International Journal of Business.
- Leena Leon & Manoj Mathew (2013). Effects of Stress on Personal Professional Behaviour of Nurses Working in Selected Private Hospitals in Kochi, Kerala, Book Chapter in Ergonomics for Enhased Productivity, Excel India Publishers, ISBN:978-93-82880-43-1
- “Cross cultural Challenges in International Student Exchange Programmes”. Kelaniya Journal of Human Resource Management, University of Kelaniya, SriLanka, Volume 5, No.2, July 2010.( ISSN 1800-1793)
- “Managerial Performance - An Assessment of Select Antecedents and Mediators”. Doctoral Colloquium Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad 03.01.2011 & 04.01.2011.
- “An Assessment of the Mediating Role of Job Attitude on the Relationship between Psychological Empowerment, Psychological Contract Violation, Work-Family Conflict and Managerial Performance”, COSMAR 2010, Doctoral Colloquium of Indian Institute of Science, Banglore. 25.11.2010 & 26.11.2010
- “Developing Strategies for International Management Education in Emerging Countries”. International conference on sustainability of business. INTI International University , Malaysia 11.11.2010 & 12.11.2010
- “Internationalizing Management Education: An Indian Perspective- The Case of India”. Dept. of Applied Economics, CUSAT. Sponsored by AICTE 25.03.2010 & 26.03.2010
- “Cross cultural challenges in international student exchange programmes”. Internationalisation of Technical Education: The Case of India. Dept. of Applied Economics, CUSAT. Sponsored by AICTE 25.03.2010 & 26.03.2010
- “Strategic HRM practices by Organisations and their impact on HRM Professional’s Work Attitudes and Performance”.4th International Research Conference, Yale_Great Lakes Center for Mangement Research, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. 20.12.2009
- “Social sensitivity of Management students – An empirical study on the effectiveness of intervention programmes”. Paper presented in the 2nd International conference on Management Research ,BIM, Trichy on 15th& 16th Feb 2008. Won the best paper award in General Management track. The same was published as a book chapter in ‘Emerging Issues in Management Research’. Excel Books, Pages 155 – 168 . ISBN 978-81-7446-603-7
- “Implications of Psychological Contract and Organisational Citizenship Behaviour for Managing Human Resources in the Emerging Globalised Economy: An Empirical Study from Manufacturing and Service Sectors of Kerala”. Presented and published in the 11th International conference of International Council for Productivity and Quality Research, University of Miami , hosted by IIT , Delhi
- “Strategic Implications of Cultural Dimensions on Branding and Marketing Practices in India”, presented for ‘International seminar on global competitiveness of corporate India-Strategic challenges’ by Rajagiri School of Management and published in Rajagiri Management Journal.
- Book chapter titled “ Winning the Talent War” in “Strategic Human Resource Management” published by Institute of HRD, Banglore
Conferences / MDPs Attended / FDPs Attended
- Co-ordinator of the 1stInternational Seminar of Rajagiri School of Management on “Global competitiveness of corporate India-Strategic challenges” on Dec 11th & 12th 2004.
- Co-ordinator of the 2nd International Seminar of Rajagiri School of Management on “Excellence in the new world order – Agenda for Indian Corporates” on March 18, 2006.