Imran Ahmed Khan - Assistant Professor
Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com
Imran did his post-graduation in social work (Specializes in Human Resource Management) and received his doctorate from Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune. He started his career as Research Assistant at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai and later joined Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration (YASHADA), Pune as Research Officer. He is the founder of an NGO in Jammu and Kashmir (Humdard Foundation) which is involved in education and community development initiatives and which also supports other organizations working towards these goals. He joined Rajagiri in 2012 and has over ten years of teaching experience at the post-graduate level. He has served as faculty member in North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon and R. M. College of Social Work, Osmania University, where he also served as Director Incharge of the P G Centre. He is a recognized research guide for the Ph.D. program of Christ University, Bangalore. He has presented research papers at national and international seminars and conferences and has published articles in journals and edited books.
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Co- Researcher on a Research Project entitled: “Study of Self-Help Groups of Persons with Disabilities in Select Mandals of Mahboob Nagar District, Andhra Pradesh”. Research Director Prof. Yutaka Takamine, Faculty of Law and Letters, University of Ryukyas, OKINAWA JAPAN. Project was sponsored by Grants in Aid Science Research (B) (KAKENHI)
- Worked as “Research Officer” on a Research Project entitled: “Evaluation of the Schemes of Assistance to Voluntary Organizations to Provide Care of Older Persons in Andhara Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra”, sponsored by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. New Delhi. Project Director, Dr. D.K. Lal Das. (2008)
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- “Virtual Human Resource Management: New Trends and Insights” published in Rajagiri Management Journal, Volume 7, Number 1, January 2013 (ISSN No. 0972 – 9968)
- “An Overview of Population Ageing in India” published in ‘Golden Research Thoughts’ Monthly Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Vol II Issue V, November, 2012 (ISSN No. 2231-5063)
- “Educational Research : Some Basic Concepts and Terminology” published in ‘Golden Research Thoughts’ Monthly Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Vol II Issue V, November, 2012 (ISSN No. 2231-5063)
- “Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities through Self Help Groups: A Study of Mahboob Nagar District of Andhra Pradesh” published in Social Growth - a half yearly research journal for Social Sciences, Vol. I, Issue: III, Nov.2011 – April 2012. (ISSN 2229-6190)
- “A Promise of Social Inclusion for Socially Excluded Minorities (Muslims) : The Eleventh Five Year Plan” published in Universal Research Analysis – a half yearly International Research Journal, pp 90- 102, Vol. III, Issue: II, March 2011 to August 2011, (RNI- MAHMUL 13/2/2010 ISSN 2229-4406)
- “Expenditure Elasticity of the Rural Poor and Marginalized Sections: An Organized Initiative by Government” published as a chapter in the Book entitled “ Inclusive Growth in India” ISBN 798-81-8387-308-6 – Serial Publication, New Delhi, 2009.
- “Beggars of Hyderabad: Peep to Understand their Problems and Rehabilitation Possibilities.” Published as a chapter in the book “Beggary in India” National Institute of Social Defense (NISD), New Delhi – 2011
- “Invisible Barriers to Success: The Impact of Self Esteem on the Academic Performance of B-School Students”published in Intercontinental Journal of Human Resource Research Review, Volume 2, Issue 4 (April, 2014) ISSN: 2320-9704- Online ISSN:2347-1662
- “Land Acquisition for SEZs – Consent Award or Forcible Acquisition” in International Seminaron “Globalization and its Impact on Society” organized by Pondicherry Universityon 30th and 31st March, 2008. (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- Paper presented on “Virtual Human Resource Management: New Trends and Insights” at The International Conference on “Innovative Practices for Business Excellence (IPBE-2013) organised by Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, on 14th January, 2013. Kochi, Kerala- India
- Participated in India Development Coalition of America (IDCA )- Ninth International Conference on ‘Finding Innovative Poverty & Climate Solutions’ on 11 -12 January, 2013 at Kochi - Kerala
National Seminar and Conferences
- Participated in UGC sponsored National Conference in Banking and Finance organised byRCBS, Kochi on the 20th of February, 2013.
- Participated in UGC sponsored National Conference on “Information Systems: Emerging Trends and Technologies” (NCISETT) organized by RCBS, Kochi on the 13th of February, 2013.
- Participated in UGC sponsored National Conference on “Traditional Concepts of Marketing in Today’s Context”organised by RCBS, Kochi - Kerala on 24th January, 2013.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Academic Leadership for Heads of Departments”organized by Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), Christ University, Bangalore. Held on 26-28 September 2012.
- Participated in Annual Conference ofNIPM at Kochi 2012.
- “Ethical Issues in Social Work Research” in National Seminar on “Social Work Education: Retrospect and Prospect”. Organized by Department of ACEES- MSW, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon Maharashtra on 28 and 29 of March, 2012
- “Innovative Field Work Practices-A Key for Professional Development of Social Work Students” in National Seminar on “Social Work Education: Retrospect and Prospect”. Organized by Department of ACEES- MSW, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon Maharashtra on 28 and 29 of March, 2012.
- “Fighting Disability through Social Mobilization and Appropriate Rehabilitation Strategies” in the XXX Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Professional Social Work on “Emerging Trends in Professional Social Work” organized by Department of Psychiatric Social Work, National Institute of mental Health and Neuro science (NIMHANS) Bangalore on 5th, 6th& 7th January, 2012.
- “A Promise of Inclusion for Socially Excluded Minorities (Muslims): The Eleventh Five Year Plan” in the National Conference on “Exclusionary Perspective for the Muslims and Marginalized Groups”. Organized by Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP), Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad on 22-24 February, 2010.
- “Women Empowerment through Self Help Groups (SHGs)” in the National Seminaron “SHGs and Role of Social Work Profession”. Organized by Department of Social Work, Andhra University, Visakhapatnumon 21st to 22nd March, 2008.
- “PURA – Ray of Hope for Rural Community” in 27th Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Professional Social Workeron “Social Transformation and Rural Development: Challenges for Social Work” organized by Dept. of SocialWork, D.N.R. College, Bhimavaram, West Godavery, Andhra Pradeshon 7th – 9th February, 2009
- “Beggars of Hyderabad: Peep to Understand their Problems and Rehabilitation Possibilities.” In National Seminaron ‘The Beggary: Realities, Challenges & Interventions’ at Kolkata organized by National Institute of Social Defense, New Delhiand Vidyasagar School of Social Work – Kolkata, 20 – 22 Feb, 2009
- “Adolescent Mothers – Bitter Reality in Rural India.” In National Seminar on ‘ Female Infanticide is Genocide – Possible Strategies and Interventions’at Tiruchirappalli organized by Bharthidasan University, Tiruchrappalli, Tamil Nadu.From 20th and 21st March, 2009.
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
- National Workshop on Effective Teaching Skills and Instructional Strategies for College Teachers, organized by Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), Christ University Bangalore
- National Workshop on “Towards Competency in Social Sciences Research Methodology” organized by Department of Social Work, Shri Padmavathi Women University Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh.. From 23-25 July, 2009
- National Workshop on “Instructional Design, Multimedia and e-Resources in Higher Education” , organised by Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), Christ University, Bangalore. (29 September to 1 October)
Professional Membership / Certification
- Indian Society of Professional Social Worker (ISPSW), Secretariat at Department of Psychiatric Social Work, NIMHANS – Bangalore