Minimol M. C - Assistant Professor
Email-ID : email@example.com
She secured her M.Com Degree from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam,in the year 2000, M.Phil(2002) and Ph D (2007) Degrees from the University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram. She is the author of a book on E-Governance and Rural Self government published in 2007 and co-author of two books on Management Information Systems and Rural Women Empowerment, published in the years 2004 and 2011 respectively. She has published several research papers in peer reviewed and refereed journals including ABDC B and C category journals, and has contributed chapters to various edited volume books. She has presented research papers in various National and International Conferences.She is a recognised research supervisor (part time Ph D) under the faculty of commerce in Bharatiyar University, Coimbatore.
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
Teaching and research experience – 12 years
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
- Financial Derivatives and Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
Training / Research Projects / Consultancy / MDP conducted
- Was a Consultant for Need Assessment Study undertaken by Rajagiri Outreach, funded by World Bank, 2016
- Conducted a Major Project on Entrepreneurial competency and social entrepreneurship, funded by ICSSR, New Delhi, 2014 -16 (Rs. 6 lakhs)
- Manuscript Reviewer for various peer reviewed journals including International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, British Journal of Education, Society and Behavioural Science, African Journal of Business Management, British Journal of Economics, Management and Trade, Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics and Sociology, Advances in Research, Journal of Global Economics, Management and Business Research
- Impact of SHGs on Rural women of Kerala, minor projected funded by the UGC 2009-10
- Institutional Support for SC/ST Entrepreneurs in Kerala, Research Project under the Government of India, conducted by the Department of Commerce, University of Kerala, 2005 as Research assistant
- Approved as Research Guide for Ph. D. in Commerce, Christ University, Bangalore, India
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Trade &Global Business perspectives, Pezzottaite Journals, July 2013 onwards
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- Edited a book on Banking and Micro Finance in India, published by New Century Publications, New Delhi, 2014(ISBN 978-81-7708-401-6)
- Authored a book on Rural Women Empowerment: Initiatives through Self Help Groups, ISBN 978-3-639-33604-7(VDM Publishing House, Germany) in February 2011
- Authored a book on E-Governance and Rural Self Government, published by Sonali publications, New Delhi, 2007
- Co-authored a textbook on Management Information Systems for Masters level in Commerce, published by Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai, 2004.
- Do Macroeconomic Indicators Stimulate FDI Inflows in India?, Theoretical Economics Letters (TEL), Scientific Research Vol.7, No. 7, Dec.2017(ISSN: 2162-2078), ABDC Category B (Field 1401)
- Linkage Between Entrepreneurial Competency and Social Entrepreneurship: Evidences from SMEs in Kerala, Asian Social Science, Vol 13, No.10, October 2017(ISSN:1911 – 2017), ABDC Category C (Field 1402)
- Effect of Dividend Policy on Shareholder’s Wealth: A Study of IT and Banking Industry in India, Finance India, Vol. XXXI, No.2, June 2017(ISSN: 0970 – 3772), ABDC Category C (Field 1502)
- Effect of International Financial Flows on indian Stock market indices: A time series Analysis, Splint International Journal of Professionals, Vol IV, Issue 6, June 2017 (ISSN: 2349 – 6045), UGC Approved Journal No.
- Spot and Future Price of Crude Oil: Evidences of Co-integrating Relationships, EPRA Internatinal Journal of Economic Growth and Environmental Issues, Vol 5, June 2017 (ISSN: 2321 – 6247), UGC Approved Journal No. 49229
- FDI in retail and its Impact of on Indian Economy – An Analytical Study, International Journal of Science and Research, Vol.6, Issue 5, May 2017 (ISSN: 2319 – 7064)
- Impact of FDI on Indian Economy – An Analytical Study, International Journal of Science and Research, Vol.6, Issue 3, March 2017 (ISSN: 2319 – 7064)
- Determinants of Investment Attitude, International Research Journal of Business and Management, Vol IX, Issue 4, April 2016 (ISSN: 2322 – 083X).
- Effect of Over confidence on Investment Decisions: A Behavioural Finance Approach, Splint International Journal of Professionals, Vol III, Issue 2, February 2016 (ISSN: 2349 – 6045), UGC Approved Journal No.
- Over Confidence, Risk Tolerane and Investment Strategy: A Study of Capital market Investors in India, Rajagiri Management Journal, Vol 9, Issue 1,June 2015 (ISSN: 0972 – 9968)
- Green Accounting and Reporting Practices Among Indian Corporates’ Asia Pacific Journal of Research, Vol 1, Issue xiv, Feb 2014, (ISSN: 2320-5504)
- Determinants of brand loyalty: A study among apparel consumers in India, International Journal of Exclusive Management Research, Archers and Elevaors Publishing house, Vol.4, Issue 1, Dec-Jan 2014, (ISSN:2249 – 8672)
- Relationship between financial knowledge, Financial attitude and financial literacy: a study among investors in Kerala, International Journal of applied financial management perspectives, Pezzottaite Journals, Vol.2, No.4, Oct – Dec 2013,(ISSN - 2279 - 0896)
- Seasonality in Emerging Economies: Evidences from Indian Stock Market, International Journal of Financial Management Vol. 3, Issue 3, July 2013(ISSN – 2229-5682)
- Impact of Foreign Institutional Investors on Corporate Dividend Policy in India, Paripex- Indian Journal of Research, Vol:3, Issue:4, May 2013 (ISSN – 2250-1991)
- Rural Entrepreneurship through Self help Groups, Entrepreneurship: Perspectives and Strategies, Sri Venkateswara Publication, ISBN – 978-81-923165-2-9, June 2013
- Explaining Stock Prices and Investor behavior: An Anthology of traditional Finance Approaches and its Fallacies, International Academic research Journal of Business and management, Vol. No.1, Issue No.4,Sept.2012 (ISSN:2227 – 1287)
- Self Help Groups and Micro finance Through Bank Linkage: A Study of Coastal Women Community in Kerala, Shiv Shakti International Journal in Multi Disciplinary and Academic Research(online), Vol.1, No.3, Sept – Oct 2012, (ISSN: 2278 – 5973)
- Mergers and its impact on competition in banking sector; a theoretical perspective on international experiences, PCTE Journal of Business management, Vol.8, issue No. 2, July- Dec 2011(ISSN 0973-4066)
- Women Empowerment Through Self Help Groups, World Women Wellness(edited volume), dept. of management studies, Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai, 2012(ISBN 978-81-910827-6-0)
- Agricultural sector in India – concerns on performance and sustainability, South Asian Business Review (SABRE), Vol. III, Issue 01, January 2011(ISSN 0974-5939)
- Credit risk disclosures by banks – the market discipline piller of Basel II Accord, Fortune Journal of international management, Vol.7, No.2, July-Dec.2010 (ISSN 0973-0079)
- Impact of Self help Groups on Rural Women of Kerala, Conference proceedings, SMF International Conference on Challenges to Inclusive growth in the Emerging Economies, IIM Ahmedabad, December 2010
- IPR for Ensuring Competitiveness in Indian MSME Sector: Challenges and Opportunities, South Asian Business Review (SABRE), Vol. II, Issue 1, June 2009(ISSN 0974-5939)
- Self help groups organized by NGos Towards empowering Rural women, Business Vision, Vol 5, Issue No.2, 2009(ISSN 0973-1639)
- CSR – A strategic approach for Indian companies to reinforce brand equity, Rethinking Corporate Social responsibility(edited Volume), Macmillan Publishers India Ltd.,New Delhi, 2011(ISBN 978-0230-32310-0)
- IPR for Ensuring Competitiveness in Indian MSME Sector: Challenges and Opportunities, South Asian Business Review (SABRE), Vol. II, Issue 1, June 2009
- Corporate governance in India – International best practices for Urban co-operative Banks, Corporate Governance: Millennium Challenges(Edited volume, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, February 2009
- E-Governance for Strengthening Services Provided to Rural People, Business Analyst, Vol.3, No.1, April – September 2008
- Empowering b-School Students through Mentoring – A Kerala Perspective, PCTE Journal of Business management Jan – June 2008
- E – Governance for Effective Planning and Control of Resources in RSGs, Business Perspectives, January – June 2007
- Book Building, The Management Accountant, January 2007
- Anti-money Laundering Standards: A Strategic Move towards Transparency, The Management Accountant, August 2006.
- E-Governance, Vijnana Kairali, Kerala Bhasha Institute, Nalanda, Thiruvananthapuram, 2006
- E-Governance and Rural Self Governments in Kerala, Globalisation in India, [International Edition], New Century Publications, New Delhi, 2006.
- Tourism Promotion Agencies in India, Tourism and Sustainable Economic Development: Indian and Global Perspectives [International Edition], New Century Publications, New Delhi, 2005.
- E-Governance in India, The Journal of Business Studies, July 2004
- ITES: A Strategic Weapon for Small Units to Grow, Management Accountant, February 2004.
- Outsourcing, Sedme, June 2003.
- Determinants of Investment Attitude: A Behavioural Finance Perspective, 21st ASBBS International Conference, Bangkok, Sept.23-24, 2017
- Over confidence, Risk tolerance and Investment Strategy Adoption of Capital Market Investors, World Finance and Banking Symposium, Nanyang Business School, Singapore, Dec. 12-13, 2014
- Effect of International Financial Flows on Indian Stock Market: An Analysis of the post-reform period, National Conference on Time Series Econometrics, PM Memorial Govt. College, Chalakkudy, March 17 – 22, 2014
- Effect of Foreign Direct Investment on Indian Stock market, National Conference on FDI In India: Opportunities and Challenges, St. Peter’s College, Kolenchery, January 30 -31, 2014.
- Self Help Groups Organised by NGOs Towards Empowering Rural Women in Kerala, International conference on Global Business Management, S.A Engineering College, 23rd and 24th February 2012
- CSR : A strategic approach for Indian companies to reinforce brand equity, National Conference on best practices in CSR, Institute of public enterprises, Hyderabad, June 3-4, 2011
- Validity of Beta Rule in Indian Stock Market, National Conference on Indian Capital Markets: Its Modernity and Vibrancy, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi, April 1, 2011
- Impact of Self Help Groups on Rural Women of Kerala SMF International conference on “Challenges to inclusive growth in the emerging economies”, held during December 15-17, 2010 at IIM Ahmedabad.
- Corporate Governance in India: International Best Practices for Urban Co-Operative Banks, International Conference on Corporate Governance, Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad 12-13 February, 2009.
- Performance of Equity Linked Saving Schemes in India: A Comparative Analysis, International Conference on Economics and Finance, organized by IBS, Bangalore, Jan8-9, 2009.
- Micro Finance through SHG – Bank Linkage: Experiences on Rural Women Empowerment in Kerala, National Conference Organised by the Indian Commerce Association at Osmania University, Hyderabad, 2007
- SEBI Code on Corporate Governance, National Seminar Organised by the Department of Commerce, St. Thomas College, Kozhencherry, 2006
- Mutual Funds, National Seminar organised by the Department of Commerce, St. Thomas College, Palai, September 2003.
- Outsourcing, Seminar organised by the National Science Congress and the Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, February 2003.
- Prospects of Commerce Education, Seminar organised by the Alumni Association, Department of Commerce, University of Kerala, November 2002.
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
- Organised a National Conference on Banking and Finance, on February 20, 2013, at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies.
- UGC-Sponsored National Conference on Inclusive Innovation and Sustainable Growth: The Millennium Challenges, during August 30-31, 2013
- AICTE-Sponsored 3-Day Workshop on Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis during July 16-18, 2013
3-Day Faculty Development Programme, Innovative Approaches in Management Teaching, Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, 28-30 April, 20162-Day Workshop, Qualitative Research, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi, 08-09 June, 20155-Day National Workshop on Time Series Econometrics, Govt. College, Chalakudy, 17 – 22 March 2014National Level Interdisciplinary workshop on Time series Econometrics,Panampilly Memorial Govt. College, Chalakkudy, 9-14, December, 2013
- Participated in a two-day Training Program on "Information Delivery Systems for Academic and Research Institutions (IDSARI 1.0) organised by ICFOSS Technopark, Trivandrum and Rajagiri College of Social Sciencs, Kalamassery from 24th of September to 25th of September, 2012 at RCSS Kalamassery.
- Research methodology – Application of Contemporary Statistical techniques for research in Business management, Rajagiri school of management, 13-17 October, 2008.
- Effective Strategies for Management Facilitators, Faculty Development programme Conducted by Christ College Institute of Management, Bangalore March 14 – 15, 2008
- Induction Training for Young Teachers in Management, Faculty Development Programme conducted by IIM, Kozhikode, March 12-30, 2007.
- Tourism and Industry, Seminar Organised by the District Industries Centre [DIC], Alappuza, November 2006.
- International Conference on Tourism, organised by the Department of Commerce and its Alumni Association, University of Kerala, December 2004.
- E-Business, National Seminar organised by Nesamony Memorial Christian College, Marthandom, February 2004.
- Commerce Education in India Under Globalisation, Seminar organised by the Alumni Association, Department of Commerce, University of Kerala, September 2003.
- E-governance and rural self government- a study of Kerala state
- Marketing of financial services - a study of financial institutions in Kerala
- Micro-finance through SHG-bank linkage - experiences on rural women empowerment in Kerala
- Making a difference or Making a Statement: Finance Research and Socially Responsible Investment