Imran Ahmed Khan - Assistant Professor
Email-ID : email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org
Imran joined Rajagiri in 2012 and has over ten years of teaching experience at the post-graduate level. He did his post-graduation in social work (Specializes in Human Resource Management) and received his doctorate from Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune. He has done his Faculty Development Program (FDP) in Management at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Ahmedabad. He started his career as Research Assistant at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai and later joined Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration (YASHADA), Pune as Research Officer. He has served as Assistant Professor in North Maharashtra University (NMU), Jalgaon and R. M. College of Social Work, Osmania University, Hyderabad where he also served as Director In-charge of the P G Centre. He has been a visiting International scholar at Lille University (Universite Catholique de Lille), France; Vives University College, Belgium; and Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany. He is a recognized research guide for the Ph.D. program of Centre for Research, Christ University Bangalore. He has presented research papers at national and international seminars and conferences and has published articles in journals and edited books. He has undergone and undertaken many professional training programs. He has specialized in Human Resource Management, Organizational Behaviour and Sustainable Development.
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Co- Researcher on a Research Project entitled: “Study of Self-Help Groups of Persons with Disabilities in Select Mandals of Mahboob Nagar District, Andhra Pradesh”. Research Director Prof. Yutaka Takamine, Faculty of Law and Letters, University of Ryukyas, OKINAWA JAPAN. Project was sponsored by Grants in Aid Science Research (B) (KAKENHI)
- Worked as “Research Officer” on a Research Project entitled: “Evaluation of the Schemes of Assistance to Voluntary Organizations to Provide Care of Older Persons in Andhara Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra”, sponsored by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. New Delhi. Project Director, Dr. D.K. Lal Das. (2008)
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
Human Resource Management, Sustainable Development, Environmental Management, Organizational Behaviour, Employee Counselling, Training and learning, Performance management and rewards Systems.
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- “Invisible Barriers to Success - The Impact of Self-Esteem on the Academic Performance OF B-School Students” published in Intercontinental Journal of Human Resource Research Review, Vol. 2 (Issue 4), April 2014. (ISSN: 2320-9704 online)
- “The Impact of Spouse of Spouses’ Education on Divorce Rates in Kerala” published in Vimala International Research Journal for Humanities & Social Sciences, Vol. I. Issue I. December 2013 (ISSN No. 2348-4837)
- “Virtual Human Resource Management: New Trends and Insights” published in Rajagiri Management Journal, Volume 7, Number 1, January 2013 (ISSN No. 0972 – 9968)
- “An Overview of Population Ageing in India” published in ‘Golden Research Thoughts’ Monthly Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Vol II Issue V, November, 2012 (ISSN No. 2231-5063)
- “Educational Research: Some Basic Concepts and Terminology” published in ‘Golden Research Thoughts’ Monthly Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Vol II Issue V, November, 2012 (ISSN No. 2231-5063)
- “Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities through Self Help Groups: A Study of Mahboob Nagar District of Andhra Pradesh” published in Social Growth - a half yearly research journal for Social Sciences, Vol. I, Issue: III, Nov.2011 – April 2012. (ISSN 2229-6190)
- “A Promise of Social Inclusion for Socially Excluded Minorities (Muslims) : The Eleventh Five Year Plan” published in Universal Research Analysis – a half yearly International Research Journal, pp 90- 102, Vol. III, Issue: II, March 2011 to August 2011, (RNI- MAHMUL 13/2/2010 ISSN 2229-4406)
- “Expenditure Elasticity of the Rural Poor and Marginalized Sections: An Organized Initiative by Government” published as a chapter in the Book entitled “ Inclusive Growth in India” ISBN 798-81-8387-308-6 – Serial Publication, New Delhi, 2009.
- “Beggars of Hyderabad: Peep to Understand their Problems and Rehabilitation Possibilities.” Published as a chapter in the book “Beggary in India” National Institute of Social Defence (NISD), New Delhi – 2011
RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTED OR PARTICIPATED AT INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL SEMINARS / CONFERENCES
- “A Review on the Relevance of Life Skills Education for College Students” jointly presented in International Conference ON Quality of Higher Education and Global Context’, organised by organised by Department of Education, North-East Hill University, Shillong (INDIA) from 19-th to 19th March, 2015.
- “Pressures and Mental Health of College Students” jointly presented in ‘National Seminar on Issues of Mental Health Education’ organised by Department of Education, North-East Hill University, Shillong (INDIA) from 26th to 27 February 2015.
- “A Study on Mental Health and Self-Efficacy of Adolescents in Tura, Meghalaya” jointly presented in DYUTI-2015 International Symposium of Evidence in Global Mental health, jointly organised by Rajagiri College of Social Sciences and International Centre for mental Health Social Research- The University of York, UK on January 7-9, 2015.
- Participated in UGC sponsored National Conference in Banking and Finance organised by RCBS, Kochi on the 20th of February, 2013.
- Participated in UGC sponsored National Conference on “Information Systems: Emerging Trends and Technologies” (NCISETT) organized by RCBS, Kochi on the 13th of February, 2013.
- Participated in UGC sponsored National Conference on “Traditional Concepts of Marketing in Today’s Context” organised by RCBS, Kochi - Kerala on 24th January, 2013.
- “Virtual Human Resource Management: New Trends and Insights” at The International Conference on “Innovative Practices for Business Excellence (IPBE-2013) organised by Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, on 14th January, 2013. Kochi, Kerala- India
- Participated in India Development Coalition of America (IDCA) - Ninth International Conference on ‘Finding Innovative Poverty & Climate Solutions’ on 11 -12 January, 2013 at Kochi - Kerala
- Participated in National Seminar on “Academic Leadership for Heads of Departments” organized by Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), Christ University, Bangalore. Held on 26-28 September 2012.
- Participated in Annual Conference of NIPM at Kochi 2012.
- “Ethical Issues in Social Work Research” in National Seminar on “Social Work Education: Retrospect and Prospect”. Organized by Department of ACEES- MSW, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon Maharashtra on 28 and 29 of March, 2012. (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- “Innovative Field Work Practices-A Key for Professional Development of Social Work Students” in National Seminar on “Social Work Education: Retrospect and Prospect”. Organized by Department of ACEES- MSW, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon Maharashtra on 28 and 29 of March, 2012. (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- “Fighting Disability through Social Mobilization and Appropriate Rehabilitation Strategies” in the XXX Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Professional Social Work on “Emerging Trends in Professional Social Work” organized by Department of Psychiatric Social Work, National Institute of mental Health and Neuro science (NIMHANS) Bangalore on 5th, 6th & 7th January, 2012. (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- “A Promise of Inclusion for Socially Excluded Minorities (Muslims): The Eleventh Five Year Plan” in the National Conference on “Exclusionary Perspective for the Muslims and Marginalized Groups”. Organized by Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP), Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad on 22-24 February, 2010 (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- “Women Empowerment through Self Help Groups (SHGs)” in the National Seminar on “SHGs and Role of Social Work Profession”. Organized by Department of Social Work, Andhra University, Visakhapatnum on 21st to 22nd March, 2008. (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- “Land Acquisition for SEZs – Consent Award or Forcible Acquisition” in International Seminar on “Globalization and its Impact on Society” organized by Pondicherry University on 30th and 31st March, 2008. (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- “PURA – Ray of Hope for Rural Community” in 27th Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Professional Social Worker on “Social Transformation and Rural Development: Challenges for Social Work” organized by Dept. of Social Work, D.N.R. College, Bhimavaram, West Godavery, Andhra Pradesh on 7th – 9th February, 2009.
- “Beggars of Hyderabad: Peep to Understand their Problems and Rehabilitation Possibilities.” In National Seminar on ‘The Beggary: Realities, Challenges & Interventions’ at Kolkata organized by National Institute of Social Defense, New Delhi and Vidyasagar School of Social Work – Kolkata, 20 – 22 Feb, 2009 (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- “Adolescent Mothers – Bitter Reality in Rural India.” In National Seminar on ‘ Female Infanticide is Genocide – Possible Strategies and Interventions’ at Tiruchirappalli organized by Bharthidasan University, Tiruchrappalli, Tamil Nadu. From 20th and 21st March, 2009. (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- National Seminar on “Indian Rural Society: Globalization and Emerging Crisis” organized by Department of Sociology, Osmania University – Hyderabad on 27th & 28th February, 2009.
- Invited for Panel Discussion on “ Duty of Advocacy: Call of Social Work Profession to stand up for and with the Vulnerable and Weaker Section” of DYUTI National Conference on “Right to Life” organized by Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery, Cochin, Kerala, India on 7th and 9th December, 2009.
- “Income Expenditure Elasticity – A challenge of Globalization Process” in National Seminar organized by Institute of Business Management and Administration (IBMA) sponsored by University of Pune on 23rd & 25th January, 2009. (Abstract published in Souvenir)
- Attended State level Seminar on “The challenges of Terrorism in 21st Century” organized by Department of Sociology, St. Mira’s college for Girls, Pune. From 5th – 6th march, 2002.
- Attended National Seminar on “Rural Development in India : Issues and Remedies” on 11th and 12th March 2011, organized by SBES College of Arts & Commerce, Aurangabad in collaboration with ‘Maharashtra Manav Vikas Mission (A Project by Govt; of Maharashtra), Aurangabad – Maharashtra.
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
- Faculty Development Programme on "Using Blended MOOCS in Management Education" conducted by Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B) on February 13, 2016
- Faculty Development Programme on “Innovative Approaches in Management Teaching” on April 28-30, 2016. Conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM-K) faculty at RCBS campus- Kochi.
- "Case Teaching" workshop organised by School of Management Studies, CUSAT –Kochi, (May 20th & 21st 2016)
- European Summer Program (Live France, Study Europe - 2015), Three week course on Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility, and French Language at Universte Catholique De Lille – France.
- Training program on “MS Excel” organised by Centre for Research of RCSS (Autonomous) Kochi, Kerala.
- Two day training program on “Qualitative Research” organised by Centre for Research of RCSS (Autonomous) Kochi, Kerala on 08-09 June 2015.
- Training program on “Meta-Analysis” organised by Centre for Research of RCSS (Autonomous) Kochi, Kerala on 02-06-2015.
- National Workshop on “Instructional Design, Multimedia and e-Resources in higher education” organized by CEDBEC, Christ University, Bangalore. (29 Sept. to 1st October 2014)
- National Workshop on “Effective Teaching Skills and Instructional Strategies for College Teachers” organized by CEDBEC, Christ University, Bangalore, held on 18-21 July 2012.
- Training Programme on “Information Delivery Systems for Academic and Research Institutions” by International Centre for Free and Open Source Software, Technopark, Trivandrum and Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Cochin, Kerala. (24th 7 25th September, 2012)
- National Workshop on “Towards Competency in Social Sciences Research Methodology” organized by Department of Social Work, Shri Padmavathi Women University Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh.. From 23-25 July, 2009.
- Short Training Programme in Gerontology and Geriatrics by United Nation’s International Institute on Ageing, (INIA), Malta and BVDU- Social Science Centre Pune. (27th Jan to 6th Feb 2003)
- Certificate Course in Social Gerontology from School of Health Sciences University of Pune. (July to October 2003)
- 2nd Level Tobacco Control Training organized by Salam Mumbai Foundation, Mumbai in collaboration with ACEES, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (30th Nov. to 1st Dec. 2010)
Professional Membership / Certification
- Member of National Institute of Personal Management (NIPM – Kerala Chapter)
- Life Member, (L.M.No. 383) Indian Society of Professional Social Worker (ISPSW), Secretariat at Department of Psychiatric Social Work, NIMHANS - Bangalore.