Binoy Joseph - Principal
Email-ID : email@example.com
Dr. Binoy Joseph has extensive expertise in the areas of Employee Resourcing, Performance Management, Reward Management and HR Accounting and Auditing and his core research interest lies in HRM Innovations. He has had professional experience in the hospitality industry. He has been a Visiting International Scholar at Western Michigan University, USA, and was also engaged in research on Employee Stock Option Plan and Corporate Performance. He has received his doctoral degree from Cochin University of Science and Technology in the topic "Innovative Human Resource Practices and HR Outcomes in Software Firms. He has received the prestigious AUDI Professorship 2013 Fellowship. He made a presentation in Audi Company in Ingolstadt Germany on 'People Management Challenges for German Managers in India'. He also took a course ' International Human Resource Management' for the students in Catholic University, Ingolstadt, Germany.
Email Id:- firstname.lastname@example.org
L. L. B, M.A (PM&IR), Ph.D
Training / Research Projects / Consultancy / MDP conducted
He has offered training and consultancy programs in the areas of Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour for corporate clients from India and abroad such as Bank Muscat, NEC Japan, Mahindra Satyam, Dubai Port World, International Shipping Bureau, Idea Cellular, US Technology, TCS, Synthite etc.
Preparation of HR Manual for International Shipping Bureau, Dubai, 2008.
Employee Engagement for Synthite Industries Ltd. 2011 &2012.
Research Work Undertaken
UGC Minor Project â€“ Effect of IT HR Strategies on Job Embeddedness in IT firms in Technopark and Infopark of Kerala, Sanction letter No.MRP(H)-176/07-08/KLM054/UGC-SWRO, dt.28 March 2008.
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
Chapters Contributed in Edited International Books
- â€œLabour Welfare in Indiaâ€? Co authored with Injodey, J.I and Varghese, R;Union Contributions to Labour Welfare Policy and Practice; Edited by Kurzman, P.A. & Maiden. R.P., Routledge Publishers London., 2010, pp 225-246 ; ISBN:978-0415-55508-1
- â€œ Emotional labour among the frontline employees of the hotel industry in Indiaâ€? Co authored with Augustine, S.K.; Global Cases on Hospitality Industry; Edited by Vinnie Jauhari Haworth Press, New York, 2008, ISBN:978-0789-03415-1
Contributions in Edited International Conference Proceedings
- Joseph, Binoy (2012) â€œInnovative HR Practices and Employee Outcomesâ€? published in the 2012 conference proceedings of 13th International Labor and Employment Relations Conference (ILERA), University of, Pennsylvania, USA, available at http://ilera2012.wharton.upenn.edu/refereedpapers /josephbinoy.pdf
- â€œKnowledge Sharing Intentions among IT Professionals in Indiaâ€? Co authored with Jacob .M, 5th International Conference on Information Intelligence, Systems, Technology and Management ( ICISTM ) 2011 Proceedings, Edited by Dua.S, Sahni.S. & Goyal .D.P.; Springer Heidelberg, 2011 pp 23-31; ISBN 978-3642-19423-8 / ISSN 1865-0929
- â€œA study on the effect of extrinsic motivators, social-psychological forces and organizational climate on the intention for knowledge sharing among knowledge workersâ€? Co authored with Jacob .M, International conference on Managing Services in Knowledge Economy 2009 proceedings, Edited by Silva.R.S.& Tome.D.E., CLEGI, Portugal 2009 pp 418-430; ISBN 978-9896-40046-0
- â€œSipping the storm in the tea cupâ€?- Case study of Employee Buyout in KDHP Co Ltdâ€? Proceedings of the 15th International Industrial Relations Association, Sydney 2009 ISBN 978-0980-67551-1
Papers in National Conferences
- â€œPerformance Management for Competitive Advantageâ€?: paper jointly presented with Prof. Binoy Joseph, Institute of Public Enterprise, Sept 2003
- â€œStrategic Intersectionsâ€? paper presented at 'Intersections- Strategy across traditional boundaries" the international seminar at Rajagiri Jan 10th 2011
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
- Visiting International Scholar in Business Studies at the Western Michigan University, USA 2003
- Faculty Development Program (FDP) in Management Studies at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad 2002-03
- International Faculty Development Programme on International HRM by at PSG Institute of Management 2007
- Attended one week Faculty Development Programme on Corporate Governance and responsibility, organised by Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, May 25-30, 2009.
- Strategic Management Teacherâ€™s Foundation Course at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore 24-29 Dec, 2006
- Strategic Management Teacherâ€™s Course Nuances of Strategy Implementation at Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode 18-23, Feb 2009
- UGC Refresher Course on Research Methodology at Viswa Bharati University, Santhiniketan, 2001
- UGC Refresher Course on Management at SMBS, Mahatma Gandhi 2003 University,Kottayam.
- UGC Refresher Course on Management at UGC ASC Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram, 2008.
- UGC Orientation Course at UGC ASC Calicut, 2010.
- Attended a one day workshop on â€˜Publishing in International Journalsâ€™ by Dr Om Prakash Gupta, organised by Saintgits Institute of Management, on 3rd January 2009
- UGC Sponsored workshop on â€˜Research Methodology - Application of Contemporary Statistical techniques for research in Business Managementâ€™ conducted by Rajagiri School of Management on 13 Oct â€“ 17 Oct 2008.
- Legal update: Annual workshop on Labour Laws.
- Participated in a one-day workshop on â€œTeaching CSR in Management Schoolsâ€? organized by IIM-B Centre for Corporate Governance and Citizenship in association with SCMS-Cochin on 24th July, 2009 at SCMS Campus.
- Participated in a one day International Conference on â€œHuman Resource Management in 21st Century: The Strategic Focusâ€? organized by Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies on January 22, 2010.
Professional Membership / Certification
- National HRD Network