Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
The PGDM programme evolved from the need for an innovative academic programme that aims to ignite the passion to excel in students. Business organizations need to constantly stay abreast of the latest strategies and techniques to survive and grow. The programme aims to groom prospective managers with the right conceptual foundations, analytical skills and application abilities to help organizations attain and maintain the crucial competitive edge with managers who can lead from the front.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a two year full time course spread over six trimesters and a summer internship. The PGDM course is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and recognized as equivalent to MBA Degree of an India University by Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The Post Graduate Diploma in Management was launched in the year 2008. The PGDM programme is designed on the principle that a proper balance of theory and practice is needed to aid managerial skill formation for effective decision-making and problem solving in the globalised environment. The programme aims to train the students to be competent managers and to inculcate qualities required for effective leadership of organizations.
The curriculum is kept relevant with the dynamics of the ever changing business environment, so as to equip students to face the challenges of business. It is designed to develop in students a capacity to think, to learn, to innovate and to apply it in real life situations. The focus of the Programme is on developing professionalism to enable students to practice transferable skills so that they can understand the social, economic, political, technological and ecological environment of modern society which will help them to address the challenges of global competition. The focus of the programme is also on developing entrepreneurship among the students so that they can innovate and create newer opportunities for themselves as well as the society.
Objectives of the Department
- To ensure comprehensive and integral development of individuals
- To develop proactive and socially sensitive management professionals by imparting in the required technical, human and conceptual skills.
- To provide training to the students to enable them to apply the best practices in management.
Eligibility for PGDM
- 50% marks in any approved degree examination or
- Pass in any masters degree examination
- Final year students awaiting results may also apply
The selection procedure for the programme is divided into three phases. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria undergo a three stage selection procedure.
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi
- Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by Indian Institute of Managements IIMs.
- KMAT conducted by Admission Supervisory / Fee Regulatory Committee for Professional Colleges
The shortlisted candidates are called for the second and third stages of Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
PGDM Course Fee
Course fee for 2 years of PGDM programme is Seven Lakh Rupees (Rs 700,000 ).
Trimester wise Curriculum Outline
ELECTIVE STREAMS OF COURSES
Human Resource Management