Smitha Siji - Associate Professor
Email-ID : email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org
She is an MBA from Vikram Universiity Ujjain, M.Phil frm Alagappa University, Karaikudy and Ph. D from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. Before joining the field of academics, she had a brief stint in the Industry. She worked as an Associate-Women’s Health care in Foreva – A division of Unichem Laboratories Ltd for three years. She has around 12 years of teaching experience and she has worked in several reputed B-schools in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. She has participated and presented papers in several national and international conferences and has published articles in reputed journals and edited volume books. She has also been a visiting scholar at Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo and Nazareth College, Rochester, USA.
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Marketing Executive in Foreva – A Division of Unichem Laboratories from July 1999 to March 2002
- Administrative Executive in Parenteral Drugs (I) Ltd, Indore M.P from Jan’ 1999 to June 1999
- Assistant Professor in Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies (June 2008 onwards)
- Lecturer in SCMS School of Technology and Management, Kochi (2006-08)
- Lecturer in KSR College of Arts and Science, Tiruchengode (2005 – 06)
- Lecturer in Vysya Institute of Management Studies, Salem (2002-2005)
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
- Marketing Management
- Advertising and Sales Promotion
- Consumer Behavior
- Retail Business Management
Training / Research Projects / Consultancy / MDP conducted
- Part of the research team involved in identifying the “Top Twenty Brands in Kerala” for the Dhanam Magazine for the year 2008
- Resource person for "Technology based Entrepreneurship Development Programme (TEDP) on IT/ITES support services" conducted by KITCO at Kalamassery, December 2012
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- Published an article titled “Positive Influence of Price in FMCG Buying Decision” in the International Journal of Retailing and Rural Business Perspectives, Vol-3, No.2, April-June 2014, ISSN (P) 2279-0934
- “Factors Influencing Buyer Behaviour in FMCG” in the International Academic Research Journal of Buisness Management, Volume 2, Issue No. 4, August 2013-ISSN no - 2227-1287
- Published an article titled "Determinants of Online Apparel Shopping Intentions" in an edited volume book titled Marketing Dynamics published by Aruna Publications with ISBN no. 978 93 81790 93 9
- Published an article titled "Negative Influence of Price in FMCG Buying Decision" in the Journal of Marketing Vistas, Volume 2, No. 2, July-December 2012
- Article titled “Analysis of Generation Mix at workplace” published in Journal of Contemporary Research in Management” 3rd Volume, 4th July-December 2007 issue.
- A case study titled “Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures in Civil Aviation” published in the conference proceedings of the conference on “Global Competition and Competitiveness of Indian Corporate” held at IIM-Kozhikode, India on 18th and 19th of May, 2007
- Presented a paper titled "Linking customer Loyalty to Customer Satisfaction and Store Image" at the 14th EBES Conference organised by the Eurasian Business and Economics Society, held at Barcelona, Spain from October 23rd to 25th, 2014
- Presented a paper titled "Impact of Social Media in Education" in the TEQIP II Sponsored National Conference on Integrating Humanistic Values and Social Concerns with Technical Education (NCIHST-2014), 7-8 February 2014.
- Factors Influencing Buyer Behavior in FMCG" at "International Conference on Applied Research in Business, Management, Economics and Finance-ARC 2013-Cochin-India" on 25-26 July, 2013 organised by Academic Research Publishers, UAE and New York Institute of Technology, Abu Dhabi Campus
- Presented an article titled "Determinants of Online Apparel Shopping Intentions" in a one day National Conference on "Recent Trends in Marketing - Opportunities and Challenges" organised at the National Institute of Technology, Thiruchirappally on 20th of February, 2013.
- Presented a paper titled "Value Consciousness and Le-agile Marketing" in a UGC sponsored National Conference on "Leveraging competitiveness through Lean and Agile Management" held on 13th and 14th March 2012 at Avinashilingam School of Management Technology, Coimbatore.
- Presented a paper titled "Influence of Price Consciousness and Purchase Decision Involvement in Local Retailer Loyalty" at an International Conference on "Evolving Frontiers Business-society-Nation Interfaces" organised at Indus Business Academy, Bangalore from 10th to 12th March 2011.
- Presented a paper titled “Indian Thought on Business Ethics” in an International Conference titled “Emergent Business Models and Strategies for the knowledge economy: Impact on Society, Business, and Government: organized by Indian Business Academy, Bengaluru on November 19-21, 2009.
- Presented a Paper titled “Indian Ethos and Management: Towards a New Managerial Vision” at an International conference on “Expanding Horizons of Indian Business and Indian Management” held at IBA, Bangalore on 15th and 16th Jan, 2008.
- Presented a Case Study titled “Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures in Civil Aviation – The Case of Air India and Lufthansa” at IIM-K on May 18th and 19th2007.
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
- Participated in a one day workshop on "Employment Laws in the IT sector: Myth and Reality" at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies on 7th March, 2014.
- Participated in a two day UGC sponsored Conference on “Inclusive Innovation and Sustainable Growth: The Millennium Challenges” organized by Rajagiri College of Social Sciences on 30-31 August 2013.
- Attended a three day national workshop on "Reseacrh Methodology and Statistical Analysis: New Trends" held at RCBS, Kochi from 16-18 July, 2013.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored one day National Conference on "Information Systems: Emerging Trends and Technologies" organised at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences on 13th of February, 2013.
- Participated in the International Conference on "Innovative Practices for Business Excellence" at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies on 14th January, 2013.
- Participated in a two-day Training Program on "Information Delivery Systems for Academic and Research Institutions (IDSARI 1.0) organised by ICFOSS Technopark, Trivandrum and Rajagiri College of Social Sciencs, Kalamassery from 24th of September to 25th of September, 2012 at RCSS Kalamassery.
- Particiapted in a one-day FDP on “Indian Ethos and Values” at PSGIM, Coimbatore, on 25th of September, 2010.
- Participated in a one day International Conference on “Human Resource Management in 21st Century: The Strategic Focus” organized by Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies on January 22, 2010.
- Participated in a one day National Conference on “Communication in Global Business…the changing spectrum” organized by the Rajagiri School of Management on September 25, 2009
- Participated in a one-day workshop on “Teaching CSR in Management Schools” organized by IIM-B Centre for Corporate Governance and Citizenship in association with SCMS-Cochin on 24th July, 2009 at SCMS Campus.
- Participated in a one-day workshop on “Data Analysis using SPSS”, conducted by Dept of Computer Applications, CUSAT and SPSS South Asia Pvt Ltd Bangalore on 25th June, 2009.
- Participated in a workshop on “Research methodology – application of Contemporary Statistical Techniques for Research in Business” at Rajagiri School of Management from 13th to 17th of October, 2008.
- Participated in a seminar and workshop titled “Enhancing Organizational Effectiveness through Managing Change” at Rajagiri School of Management on 17th, 18th and 19th July, 2008.
- Attended a one-day workshop on “Building Creativity Looking Beyond Limits” organized by Kerala Management Association on 24th of November 2007.
Presentation made in the Rajagiri Faculty Council
- Presented the work-in-progress of Ph.D Dissertation thesis.
- Presented the research proposal being pursued for the doctoral studies.
- Case Study titled “Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures in Civil Aviation – The Case of Air India and Lufthansa”
- How to stop customers from fixating on price?
- Presented an article titled "Using the crowd as an innovation partner" authored by Kevin J Boudreau and Karim R Lakhani, published in HBR South Asia, April 2013.