Simon Jacob C - Assistant Professor
Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com
He is a multi-disciplinarian with a postgraduate degree in Personnel Management (MPM) and an LL.B with Labour Laws. He holds a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA with specialisation in Operations Management. His industry experience spans over 19 years in diverse spectrum. This includes as an Advocate, Trainer (Manufacturing and Service Industries), Regional Manager- Business Operations and HRM (Finance Sector) Counselor in IGNOU – MBA programme and into Technical Wing of Indian Air Force. He joined as a full time member of faculty at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences in Oct 2004. He had undergone FDP in Management at IIM A, FDP at IIM K, SDP at IIT Khargkpur, QIP at TAPMI, Manipal and qualified UGC/NET Lectureship in Management. He had also undergone European Summer Programme at Catholic University- Lille, France. He is a CAMI-USA Certified Recruitment Analyst and handles courses in the areas of Human Resources Management, Operations Management and Business & Labour Laws. His research interest is in interrelated areas of Service Operations and Human Resources Management. He is currently pursuing his research studies at School of Management Studies, CUSAT, Kochi.
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Counselor – IGNOU – MBA program at Trichur Study Centre
- Trainer in Financial/ Manufacturing Sector.
- PG level teaching at RCBS for MBA/MHRM/PGDM, since Oct 2004
Industry/Other - Experience
- Indian Air force -in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (Apr 1985 – Feb 2001 )
- Finance Sector (NBFC)- as Regional Manager -HRM & Business Operations (Apr 2002 – Oct 2004)
- As a Junior Advocate in Trichur Bar Council (Oct 2001- Mar 2002)
- Automobile Sector- Manager (Apr 2001- Sep 2001)
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
Training / Research Projects / Consultancy / MDP conducted
- Preparation of HR Manual for International Shipping Bureau, Dubai.(1st Oct 2007 to 1st Oct 2008)
- The Dynamic Relation between Organizational and Professional Commitment of Professionals in Health Care Sector and its Influence on Service Quality.(UGC sponsored Minor Project)
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- Mash Contact Lens Manufacturing Company: Mission to Vision(co-authored)-SIMER PRAGATI, Issue III, and Volume-1 Oct-Dec 2008.ISSN-0974-2018
- “Study Groups, Grouping Criteria and the Synergy in Educational System: A Qualitative Research among FDP Participants”- paper published in International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management, Vol. No. 2 (2012), Issue No. 9 (September). ISSN 2231-4245
- “A Balanced Corporate Responsibility”- Paper published in ‘Indian Journal of Applied Research’ Volume: 1; Issue: 10; July 2012. ISSN-2249-555X
- “ Bank on by Banging Service Quality: A Study of Private and Public Sector Banks in Cochin”- Paper published in Rajagiri Management Journal, Vol 7, No. 2, December 2013. ISSN 0972-9968, published by Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies.
- “ The Dynamic Relation Between Organisational and Professional Commitment of Professionals in Health Care Sector and Its Influence on Service Quality.” Paper published in International Journal of Consumer & Business Analytics, Vol 1, Issue 2, July-Dec 2013. ISSN 2321-175X, published by Kotler Srinivasan Center for Researchin Marketing, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- “ The Dynamic Relation Between Organisational and Professional Commitment of Professionals in Health Care Sector and Its Influence on Service Quality.”Paper presented at 3rd International Conference on Business Analytics, held at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, India on Dec 24, 2013.
- “Acquiring Competency in Providing Experience: HRM - Service Quality Paradigm, a review”: Paper presented at International Conference on Operations Management: Innovative Practices for Revitalization of Paradigm Concepts, held at RCBS, Kochi on 02 September 2013.
- “ Bank on by Banging Service Quality: a Study of Private and Public Sector Banks in Kochi”: Paper presented at National Conference on Inclusive Innovation and Sustainable Growth: the Millennium Challenges, Sponsored by UGC, held at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi on 30-31 August 2013.
- “A Balanced Corporate Responsibility”: Paper presented at International Conference on Evolving Frontiers – Business-Society- Nation Interfaces. 10-12 Mar, 2011 organized by Indus Business Academy, Bangalore.
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
Professional Membership / Certification
- Certified Recruitment Analyst, 2007(CAMI- USA)