Roshna Varghese - Assistant Professor
Email-ID : email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
A top ranking student through out her academic years, Dr Roshna had been a research fellow with fellowship from University Grants Commission (UGC) in Mahatma Gandhi University for four years. She did PhD in the topic Corporate Disclosure by Indian Companies. She joined Rajagiri after working three years at Saintgits Institute of Management. She has presented research papers in various national and international conferences including those of IIMK, IIMC and Indian Academy of Management. Further she has published several articles in refereed national journals. She has two books publication in her credit and has contributed book chapters in many edited books. Dr. Roshna's research specialty is examining the voluntary disclosure in annual reports of companies. She also does work in corporate valuation, microfinance and capital market. Areas of expertise include capital markets, Financial restructuring, corporate finance and investments.
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
Training / Research Projects / Consultancy / MDP conducted
- Resource Person of “Management Development Programme (MDP) in Small Business Management”in association with Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Training Institute, Thiruvalla, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India organised By St. Berchmans College, Changanassery, during Jan 2011.
- Coordinator of National Conference on Finance and Banking 2010 (NCFB 2010), 3rd and 4th September 2010
- Assistant coordinator of National Conference on Finance and Banking (NCFB) 2009 organised at Saintgits College of Engineering, Department of MBA, 28th and 29th August 2009.
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- Corporate Disclosure by Indian Companies, Finance India, Vol: XXXV, No 1; March 2012. ISBN: 0973-8711. Publisher : Indian Institute of Finance, New Delhi
- Voluntary Disclosure practices of domestic companies versus MNC associates operating in India, Indian Management Research Journal, Volume II, Issue 01, Jan-April 2010, pp.2-13, ISSN : 0975-2285, Publisher : MIT SOM, Pune
- Voluntary Annual report Disclosures of manufacturing Companies in India and their Linkages with Organisational Demographics, South Asian Journal of Management, Volume 18,Issue No. 4, ISSN : 0971-5428. Publisher : AMDISA (Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia)
- Customer satisfaction based on Physical Evidence, Revelation, Vol.II, December 2009, pp. 51-61, ISSN: 0975-1211, Publisher : K.P.B. Hinduja College of Commerce, Mumbai.
- Testing CAPM in Indian Securities Market, The Journal of Contemporary Management research, Vol.3, Issue 2, September 2009, pp.36-47; ISSN: 0973-8266, Publisher : Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Thiruchirappalli
- Performance evaluation of Equity Diversified Mutual Funds in India, PCMA Journal of Business, Vol. 1, No.2, June 2009, pp.32-50; ISSN: 0974-9977, Publisher : Punjab Commerce and Management Association
- The Recent Developments in Corporate Disclosure –An Empirical Study in Indian Context, Erudition, Volume 3, Issue 1, January, 2009, pp.70-80; ISSN : 0973-7839; Publisher : Albertian Institute of Management, Cochin
- Management of Industrial sickness, Consortia : Management Journal for Researchers, Research Journal for School of Management and Business Studies, 2006
- Corporate Disclosure by Indian Companies, Serial Publications, New Delhi, 2010. Price: Rs 595. ISBN : 978-81-8387-390-1
- Coeditor of book titled Finance and banking : A collection of contemporary research,Excel India Publishers, 2009, New Delhi. Price : Rs 1600. ISBN : 93-80043-38-4
- Coeditor of book titled Rediscovering Finance and banking, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, 2009, Price : Rs 1600. ISBN : 978-93-80697-18-5
- Core Banking: The technological innovation in Banking in P.K. Manoj (ed) Special Economic Zones In India : Financial Inclusion: Challenges And Opportunities, Serials Publications, 2009. Price : Rs 1295, ISBN: 978-81-8387-275-1
- ‘Is internality an indicator of high self-esteem? Linking Locus of control to the self esteem of teachers in professional colleges’ in P.S James and Kishinchand Poornima (Eds) Human resource management: An anthology of contemporary Research, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, 2009. Price: Rs 500; ISBN: 93-80043-38-4
PAPERS PRESENTED/CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- Presented a paper on Voluntary disclosure by Indian companies : A comparative study of service and manufacturing sectors in the Inaugural Conference of Indian Academy Of Management, 28-30th December, 2009, XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Presented a paper on Voluntary disclosure practices of domestic companies and MNC associates operating in India in IIM Calcutta International Finance Conference December 03-05, 2009 organised by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, India.
- Presented a papertitled Impact of IPO on financial performance of companies Mangalam Conference on Value based Management, December 4, 2009, organised by Mangalam Management Studies, Kerala
- Presented a paper on ‘Is internality an indicator of high self-esteem? Linking Locus of control to the self esteem of teachers in professional colleges’ in ET-SIM-NIPM (Kerala Chapter) National Summit on Human Resource Practices and Management, organised bySaintgits Institute of Management, July 23-25, 2009.
- Presented a paper on ‘Stock price behaviour associated with earnings announcement in Indian capital market’ in International Conference on ‘Doing Business in India’ organised byIFIM, Bangalore, December 19-20, 2008.
- Presented a paper on ‘Voluntary Annual Report Disclosures by Manufacturing Companies in India’ in 6th International Conference on Accounting and Finance in Transition 2008 jointly organised byIMT, Nagpur and the University of Greenwich, UK in Nagpur from Nov 6 to 8, 2008.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Core Banking: The technological innovation in Banking’In National seminar supported by UGC & CSEZ on Banking in the era of Diverse development paradigms: From financial inclusion to special economic zones on 3rd March 2008, organised by Department of Applied Economics, Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Corporate Reporting in Globalised India’ at the conference on Global Competition and Competitiveness of Indian Corporate held at Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, 18-19 May, 2007.
- Presented a paper on ‘Management for Growth and Development’ in XXX Indian Social Science Congress, December 27-31, 2006 at Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Role of Micro Finance in Promoting Women Entrepreneurship’, in UGC Sponsored National seminar on ‘Problems and Prospects of Women Entrepreneurship in India’ organised by the department of Commerce, All Saints College, Thiruvananthapuram, on 27th and 28th September 2006.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Corporate Sustainability Reporting’ in International Seminar on ‘India Inc.- Taking India to the World’ on 17th and 18th March 2006 organised by School of Management and Business Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Chairperson of Finance track in National Conference on “Unleashing Ingenious Management Potential for Business Endurance” organised by Berchmans Institute of Management, SB College, Changanassery, Kerala, on 10th January 2014.
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
- Attended one week Faculty Development Programme on Corporate Governance and responsibility, organised by Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, May 25-30, 2009.
- Attended a one day workshop on ‘Publishing in International Journals’ by Dr Om Prakash Gupta, organised by Saintgits Institute of Management, on 3rd January 2009.
- Management Development Programme on Research Methodology & SPSS 16.0 organised by Albertian Institute of Management from 10th to 12th Dec 2008.
- ‘Live derivatives Workshop in Currency and Commodities’ organised by Marthoma College of Management and Technology, Perumbavoor in association with NSE and MCX on 6th Dec 2008.
- UGC Sponsored workshop on ‘Research
- Methodology - Application of Contemporary Statistical techniques for research in Business Management’ conducted by Rajagiri School of Management on 13 Oct – 17 Oct 2008.
- Awarded Green Belt in Special Six Sigma Certification under the aegis of Saintgits Institute of Management, from 16th April to 19th April 2008
- “Research Methodology workshop on Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) Applications in Business Research’on 04th March 2008, organised by Department of Applied Economics, Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- Participated in a three day Faculty Development Programme on Statistical Methods & SPSS conducted by Saintgits Institute of Management, 21-23 September 2007.
- Participated in the AICTE sponsored one week FDP onEconometrics for Management Research organised by Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode September 03-08, 2007.
- International Seminar on ‘Corporate Social responsibility in Kerala – current issues and future trends’ sponsored by the Royal Netherlands Embassy, organised by Department of Applied Economics, Cochin University of Science and Technology on Sep 16, 2006
- National Seminar on Data mining at Cochin University of Science and Technology on 11th and 12th December 2003.
- International Seminar on India and the New Global Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Regime : Challenges and options on 2nd to 4th August 2006, organised by School of International Relations and Politics, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Attended UGC sponsored Special Summer School, conducted by UGC-Academic staff college, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram from 30/07/2014 to 19/08/2014.
- Attended UGC Sponsored National Level One Week Conference cum Workshop on Time Series Econometrics (Inter Disciplinary), 17—22nd March, 2014 Organised by
- Post Graduate Dept of Economics, Panampilly Memorial Govt College, Thrissur
- Attended UGC sponsored Orientation Programme (IT oriented) conducted by UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram from 23/04/2013 to 25/05/2013.
- Attended a National Workshop on ‘Effective Classroom Communication and Teaching Skills for College Teachers’ by The Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), Christ University, Bangalore in association with International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU), May 11-12, 2011.
Other seminars include
- Concilium 2002 : National Seminar on The Crisis in Rubber Industry and the Ethics in Business at Windsor Castle , Kottayam on 04.01.02, organised by School of Management and Business Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Concilium 2003 : National seminar on Investment Scenario in Kerala and Brand Equity on 24th March 2003 organised by School of Management and Business Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Concilium 2005 :National seminar on Indian Telecom Sector-Recent Trends and Corporate Governance on 14.01.2005, organised by School of Management and Business Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.