Harish B - Assistant Professor
Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com
With more than 16 years of experience in the industry and academics, his interests include marketing, branding, marketing research and sales. A keen observer of brands and marketing practices, he authors the internationally renowned marketing blog – Marketing Practice. An MBA in Marketing and Executive PGDM in Marketing and Strategy from IIM Kozhikode, his career started with India’s leading media house – Malayala Manorama Co Ltd . After a stint of 6 years in industry, he switched over to academics and worked as Assistant Professor at SCMS Kochi and IBS Kochi before joining Rajagiri. Harish also conducts MDPs , training and consultancy programs in the areas of marketing.
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Assistant Professor at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Cochin
- Assistant Professor at IBS Kochi
- Assistant Professor at SCMS Cochin
- Executive- Marketing at Malayala Manorama Co Ltd
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
- Marketing Management
- Brand Management
- Sales Management
- Sales Training
- Marketing Strategy for Small and Medium Enterprise
- To study the major challenges faced by small and micro-enterprises with respect to marketing function within the organization.
- To find out the problems faced by small and micro-enterprises with regard to Product (ii) Price (ii) Distribution (ii) Promotion
- To understand the challenges faced by the Small and micro-enterprises in identifying market segments.
- To study the perception of SME managers towards branding of their products.
Training / Research Projects / Consultancy / MDP conducted
- Resource person for Entrepreneurship Development Program for KITCO on Brand Building for Entrepreneurs ( 2014)
- University Grants Commission -Minor Research Project
- Marketing Research consultancy project for a leading FMCG Company in Kerala (2013)
- Consultancy Project on market analysis and entry strategy for a small appliance company ( 2013)
- Consultancy project for Coconut Development Board (2013)
- Consultancy Project for Retirement Home Startup( 2013)
- Session-Keynote address on Branding Kerala Ayurveda at Kerala Ayurveda Marketing Conclave organized by CII Kerala Chapter ( 2012)
- Session on Marketing Research for Entrepreneurs conducted for KITCO (2012)
- Resource Person for Sales Workshop conducted for Coir Board (2011)
- Sales Conference Speaker for Nice Chemicals Cochin (2009)
- Business Strategy Workshop for Sterling Printers Cochin (2009)
- Training on Business Meetings for Cognizant Technology Solutions (2008)
- Training program conducted for SBI Relationship Managers in Personal Selling techniques (2007)
- Resource Person for Marketing in “ General Management Programme “ for Wipro Project Managers conducted at SCMS ( 2007)
- Resource person for Marketing in “Training of Women Entrepreneurs Program” conducted by Kochi Refineries. (2006)
- Sales Training conducted for sales personnel of Kerala State Bamboo Corporation. (2006)
- Sales Training and sales management module prepared and executed for the PGDBA students of SCMS.
- Experience gained in Sales Training by conducting the first ever sales-training for Newspaper agents in Malayala Manorama. Later the company in the corporate level adopted the training programme. (1999)
- Sales training conducted for part-time correspondents on sales in Malayala Manorama. (1999)
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- Article titled Story Telling By Brands , Dhanam Magazine , June, 2013
- Chapter on E-Marketing published in Book – Marketing Management, APH Publishers, New Delhi June 2011.
- Building Brand Tribes , Advertising Express, October 2009
- The teasing of Teasers, Advertising Express, April 2009
- The new definition of marketing, Advertising Express, January 2009
- The logic of limited Editions, Marketing Mastermind, January 2009
- What should MBA students do in recession, Dhanam, December 15,2008
- Marketing in Recession , Dhanam Magazine ,November 30,2008
- Anatomy of Rebranding , Marketing Mastermind September 2008, ICFAI Press
- Consumer Generated Media : Can you Ignore it ? , The Effective Executive March 2008, ICFAI Press
- “ Having a Indian Heart ” Published in Business Standard dtd 08/01/2008
- Be Right the First Time ,The Effective Executive, December 2006 ,ICFAI Press.
- Managing Moments of Truth ,The Effective Executive ,June 2006 (ICFAI Press)
- The Permissible Bluffs , The Effective Executive March 2006 ,ICFAI press
- Stranded Customer : The sinking of Relationship ,The Effective Executive December 2005 , ICFAI Press
Training Attended / Seminar / Workshop / Refresher
- Dale Carnegie’s Motivational Sales by MARCAssociates/ NLP for sales By CCMC Mumbai,
- National Institute of Sales/ MILTS,
- Personal Effectiveness Training by CCMC Chennai
- FDP from IIM Kozhikode
- ECCH case method training at MICA Ahmedabad
Presentation made in the Rajagiri Faculty Council
- Presentation made on "Rethinking Marketing"