Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM)
The Master of Human Resource Management is a two year full time programme spread over four semesters and a summer internship. The first semester lays the foundation in fundamentals of management. The second semester lays the foundation in the functional areas of management. The third and fourth semesters focus on in depth knowledge in Human Resource Management.
The MHRM programme at RCBS is offered by the School of Management of Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous). The University Grants Commission granted autonomous status to Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (RCSS) in the year 2014, with effect from June 1, 2014. The MHRM curriculum under the autonomous status is designed by RCSS to enable students to evolve into professionally competent managers, ready for the challenges of any organization.
Objectives of the Department
- To encourage students towards the value anchoredness of Human Resource Management to train and help them to learn experientially and to prepare them effectively for careers in the area of Human Resources Management and its allied fields
- To consistently strive to maintain an environment wherein the students can freely develop their personal and professional skills, through informality, mutual trust, intimacy and industry.
- To arrange programmes and publish books, periodicals, papers and the like for the benefit of Human Resource Management.
- Department of Personnel Management of RCSS under RCBS offer a two years full time MHRM.
Eligibility for MHRM
A pass in any Bachelors Degree Examination with not less than 50% marks (CGPA-2.00) in aggregate (ie, In all parts of the exams for Arts, Commerce and BBA, 55% for all other Degree examinations or 50% marks for Masters Degree examination. A pass in any Bachelor's Degree examination is needed for SC/ST students. The degree must be recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University.
The selection procedure for the programme is divided into three phases. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria undergo a three stage selection procedure.
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi
- Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by Indian Institute of Managements IIMs.
- KMAT conducted by Admission Supervisory / Fee Regulatory Committee for Professional Colleges
The shortlisted candidates are called for the second and third stages of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. In addition to the CMAT/MAT/CAT scores, a separate application form should be submitted to Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies.
- Accounting for Management
- Business Communication
- Information Processing using computers
- Businees and Ethical value
- Legal Environment of Business
- Management Process & Organisational Behavior
- Public Policy & Managerial Economics
- Quantitative Methods for Managers
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Research
- Research Methodology
- Environment Management
- Global Business Environment
- Manpower Sourcing
- Social Security & Employee Welfare
- Human Resource Developement
- Performance Management & Reward Systems
- Industrial Relations
- Database Management Systems
- Management of Change &Organizational Development
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Software Project Management
- Global Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Accounting & Auditing
- Employee Councelling
- Human Resource Information Systems